Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2009, 11:49 AM

Ouch glass in my eye

Well at work this morning moved a trolley (remember I work at BQ) and someone had rested a fluorsecent 6ft tube over something else out of packaging and when I moved something else it exploded...sadly for me it covered me head and shoulders; which means I ended up with lots of tiny tiny specks of "glass shards on my face" not as bad as it sounds but also glass in my right eye.
Been to A&E whoi had put anthestic in my eye and a coloured dye and the eye is cut/scratched at the bottom and by the tear duct.
They have cleared out the glass won't say how as people are eye squemish... ..including me.

Have antibiotic cream, and have to go to the eye hospital tomorrow after 11am to see them. Have to rest today I have a patch I look like a pirate. Starting to hurt again now think the anthestic is wearing off.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2009, 12:02 PM

Re: Ouch glass in my eye

Goodness Kazz, that's nasty - it must be very painful too.. thank goodness it didn't damage your pupil.

I don't envy you having treatment on your eye, it's such a sensitve organ..... I find it unbearable just having an eyelash go into mine....

Hope you can keep the pain and discomfort under control and it doesn't take too long to heal.

I hope you will be able to claim through your company too
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2009, 08:49 PM

Gosh Kazz-sorry to hear about your eye-hope everything goes well for you-hoping you have some good pain relief tablets to help you.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2009, 10:12 PM

Ouch is the word Kazz, take it easy, hope they sort you out at the hospital.....
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2009, 10:28 PM

Hope it gets better soon Kazz!
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2009, 08:30 AM

Hope its a bit less painful today Kazz..........x
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2009, 11:56 AM

OMG that sounds awful. I hope you are feeling better today.
Jan
Scotland
Jan is female  Jan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2009, 06:10 PM

How did you get on at the hospital? I hope you're feeling a bit better by now.
SageCat
Suffolk, UK
SageCat is female  SageCat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2009, 07:01 PM

I can sympathise with you there Kazz, as several years ago I managed to get a shard of glass in one of my eyes. Luckily at the time, I was working in London not too far from The Moorfields Eye hospital, so they treated me there. I had the same treatment that you've just had ~ and was sent home on a busy rush-hour train wearing an eye-patch! Boy, did I feel stupid!

Hope it heals quickly for you.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2009, 01:12 PM

How is your eye now Kazz?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top