Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 01:42 AM

Re: 36 hours in bed

Originally Posted by Realist ->

Blitz up a real lemon, the whole thing, pith, peel, juice (remove the pips beforehand). Add a good chunk of fresh ginger and some hot water and blitz it all up. You'll get a milky lemony liquid. Use it like orange squash concentrate.

A little in a mug, topped up with hot water and a teaspoon of honey for sweetness and its antibacterial qualities will give your body a good boost. Put the rest of the liquid in the fridge. It will last days.

ATB
This sounds great, I am going to try it next time I have a cold.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
still not much better, was sick today and I won't even mention my backside.
This evening feeling very hot so can't sleep just yet, so came on here for a few minuites

That's good, stay warm and when you do go back to bed, DO NOT throw the covers off!!! - the Lemon & Honey are designed to do that - make you hot, the Paracetamol is designed to regulate your temperature - the fight between the opposing sides will make you perspire - that too is good, because the perspiration contains the cold germs that are making you ill, the more your perspire the better!!!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 10:49 AM

UJ
Since having started weighing myself I have lost 17 lb in weight. This cold I have had/got lost me about 3/4lb already through sweating in bed and not eating.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
UJ
Since having started weighing myself I have lost 17 lb in weight. This cold I have had/got lost me about 3/4lb already through sweating in bed and not eating.
The old adage still applies - feed a cold, starve a fever - so EAT !!! anything with onions and/or garlic - a cheese and (raw) onion sarney is good !!!

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top