Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 06:07 PM

Re: HONDA Jazz 4x4

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It's not 'Vera' is it Longy....
Nee Pet.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 08:56 AM

My 4x4 Jazz is kept ready to leap into action at a moments notice.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	190127 003 Garage and Car.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	8544  
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 09:48 AM

My Suzuki Vitara was my favourite car.
I'm looking at a used, Jazz (auto, 1.4) to replace my Yaris, which has been brilliant, if boring.
Julie and anyone else who's had one, not 4x4, are they any good?
It's very difficult to find a small automatic, you have to take what you find most of the time.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
My 4x4 Jazz is kept ready to leap into action at a moments notice.

Like Thunderbirds.

Interesting that you have an Isuzu Jazz, whereas over here it's a Honda Jazz.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Like Thunderbirds.

Interesting that you have an Isuzu Jazz, whereas over here it's a Honda Jazz.

Very different cars, The Isuzu MU was also marketed as the Isuzu Jazz in Japan and in the UK as the Vauxhall Frontera.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

28-01-2019, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Very different cars, The Isuzu MU was also marketed as the Isuzu Jazz in Japan and in the UK as the Vauxhall Frontera.
Ah yes, that's it. I knew I recognised the front end.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Ah yes, that's it. I knew I recognised the front end.
Its actually a D-max ute but a rose by any other name...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
My Suzuki Vitara was my favourite car.
I'm looking at a used, Jazz (auto, 1.4) to replace my Yaris, which has been brilliant, if boring.
Julie and anyone else who's had one, not 4x4, are they any good?
It's very difficult to find a small automatic, you have to take what you find most of the time.
Well mine is dreadful TessA but I am not sure it's typical of the breed. When I turn off the car the passenger door pops open automatically, I've had thousands of pounds of welding done underneath it, lost a portion of the protection for the engine department underneath so it makes hell of a noise. Boot catch rusted closed, had it replaced and new one rusted closed again in 18 months ! Airbag warning light on I'm told that means it won't work but can't afford to do anything about that one.
Having a nightmare as next round of welding means it will have to be scrapped as it won't go through the MOT but the welding will cost more than the car is worth.

I know people have these cars and love them but I haven't had such trouble with a car ever.

It's not too clever winter driving either my CRV stuck to the road no matter what we threw at it, but this is too light to do that safely and just rain feels dangerous goodness knows what will happen if it snows.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

29-01-2019, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well mine is dreadful TessA but I am not sure it's typical of the breed. When I turn off the car the passenger door pops open automatically, I've had thousands of pounds of welding done underneath it, lost a portion of the protection for the engine department underneath so it makes hell of a noise. Boot catch rusted closed, had it replaced and new one rusted closed again in 18 months ! Airbag warning light on I'm told that means it won't work but can't afford to do anything about that one.
Having a nightmare as next round of welding means it will have to be scrapped as it won't go through the MOT but the welding will cost more than the car is worth.

I know people have these cars and love them but I haven't had such trouble with a car ever.

It's not too clever winter driving either my CRV stuck to the road no matter what we threw at it, but this is too light to do that safely and just rain feels dangerous goodness knows what will happen if it snows.
Your car was built on a Friday afternoon Julie. I have had a couple like that.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 11:47 AM

Thanks Julie, I think I'll give it a miss!
Someone I know said theirs kept "dying" when it was new so that's not good either.
I think I'll go for another Yaris, Suzuki or VW, they all seem to last well

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top