Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 06:05 PM

Re: This house believes

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I agree LQ that Realist has put it all very clearly and it
makes sense!
But l think you have got it a bit wrong when you say there
was no instruction to eat animals! There was, the instruction
was put in our DNA when we were still existing in the swamp!
and we later evolved to suit our enviroment which at that
time required us to eat anything that could enable us to
survive! All animals evolved like this each to suit their own
specific enviroment?
Perhaps Realist can correct me where l am wrong?

Best Regards Donkeyman!
Well, what do I know but what I read in Genesis 1.29 there was no instruction to eat animals, I don't think so anyway, I might be wrong, I usually am
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I am a firm believer we are meant to eat what grows from the ground and trees as in Genesis 1.29.
Genesis is NOT a literal work. It is allegorical and contains some extremely vital and important secrets. Indeed, the very secrets of life itself.

Regardless we must understand that trees and plants are also "living" things. They don't move like animals but they are nonetheless alive and living. So one way or another you are consuming living organisms. What does it matter what form those living things take?

Everything is the same. It is all made of the same stuff, the same energy. Discriminating between them is like rejecting all the blue bricks in a Lego set, just because they are blue.

Trees and plants reproduce themselves thus allowing us to access the seeds of the ruite and veg so we can grow more and more to create more energy.
The same is true of ALL living things. All animals reproduce thus providing a constant source of matter which for us in human form, is easy to digest and extract the life energy from.

It's interesting that there was no instruction for humans to eat animals.
Errrrr . . . .

Genesis 9:3

"Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything."

Leviticus 11: 1 to 47

"And the Lord spoke to Moses and Aaron, saying to them, “Speak to the people of Israel, saying, These are the living things that you may eat among all the animals that are on the earth. Whatever parts the hoof and is cloven-footed and chews the cud, among the animals, you may eat. Nevertheless, among those that chew the cud or part the hoof, you shall not eat these: The camel, because it chews the cud but does not part the hoof, is unclean to you. And the rock badger, because it chews the cud but does not part the hoof, is unclean to you. ... "

Deuteronomy 14: 1 to 29

"These are the animals you may eat: the ox, the sheep, the goat, the deer, the gazelle, the roebuck, the wild goat, the ibex, the antelope, and the mountain sheep. ..."

Romans 14:2

"One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. "

There are 100s more quotes
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Genesis is NOT a literal work. It is allegorical and contains some extremely vital and important secrets. Indeed, the very secrets of life itself.

Regardless we must understand that trees and plants are also "living" things. They don't move like animals but they are nonetheless alive and living. So one way or another you are consuming living organisms. What does it matter what form those living things take?

Everything is the same. It is all made of the same stuff, the same energy. Discriminating between them is like rejecting all the blue bricks in a Lego set, just because they are blue.

The same is true of ALL living things. All animals reproduce thus providing a constant source of matter which for us in human form, is easy to digest and extract the life energy from.

Errrrr . . . .

"Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything."

"And the Lord spoke to Moses and Aaron, saying to them, “Speak to the people of Israel, saying, These are the living things that you may eat among all the animals that are on the earth. Whatever parts the hoof and is cloven-footed and chews the cud, among the animals, you may eat. Nevertheless, among those that chew the cud or part the hoof, you shall not eat these: The camel, because it chews the cud but does not part the hoof, is unclean to you. And the rock badger, because it chews the cud but does not part the hoof, is unclean to you. ... "

"These are the animals you may eat: the ox, the sheep, the goat, the deer, the gazelle, the roebuck, the wild goat, the ibex, the antelope, and the mountain sheep. ..."

"One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. "

See Donkeyman, told you I'd be wrong!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

16-06-2019, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

Errrrr . . . .

I'd rather not thank you, then again, I'm not a meat eater really, I'm not vegetarian, I just don't particularly like it,
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
At my big fat greek wedding in my wifes village in Greece
they slaughtered a sheep ( they called it a lamb ) they had
been fattening up specially for the wedding feast!
And l remember how calm this animal was before and
during the process!! The guy doing the slaughter took time
to stroke and talk to the beast untill he got it to lay down!
Then he held its nose and knelt on its forelegs, then felt
its throat to locate the artery, and using a sharp short blade,
he cut the artery, the animal never once showed any
awareness of what was happening, and seemed to just
slowly go to sleep! The blood which spurted out was
allowed to soak into the dust!
I saw nothing wrong with this at all?
I have never been in a slaughterhouse and so cant compare
what goes on there!

Regards Donkeyman!
Groan, sorry but can't read any more posts on this subject. It is making me feel ill.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 06:36 PM

I'd rather not thank you, then again, I'm not a meat eater really, I'm not vegetarian, I just don't particularly like it,
To be fair I've haven't eaten all of those.

Ox (well Oxtail) yes and its delicious
sheep, obv very delicious, lamb or mutton
goat, nope never had that
deer, my favourite just beneath lamb. Venison is delightful and the livers are exceptional.
gazelle, nope never had it
roebuck, as per venison
ibex, antelope, mountain sheep, never had but doubtless delicious.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
That so called sport fishing should be banned.

Well I do anyway.

Same with all forms of killing for so-called sport but fishing is a thing that for some reason people separate from killing and even worse maiming warm blooded things for kicks.
I've heard it suggested that the sport side of fishing is a battle of equal intellects!

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top