Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 08:33 AM

Re: Best and worst about humans

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
And, being clouded by uncouthness can preclude a conclusion.
You!

TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 08:42 AM

Some make you laugh, that's a plus, so is music, but, the birds are better at it (and some seals).
Worst of them are cruel, greedy and deceitful.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 08:45 AM

They say when there is a disaster its seen that humans help each other more , I wonder why that is , could it be the shock and realisation they are spared , an interesting thought as in normal day to day life most are in it totally for themselves

I have a friend who lacks empathy and understanding , she says she has non at all other than for herself , yet she is not unkind or cold just not interested and cant feel it

I may be wrong with this knowledge but I believe the north American Indians would put out their old parents into the cold to die as when too old the young didn't want to look after them . Someone correct me if I'm wrong and dreamed this . ( I saw it in a film years ago ) if true it seems immensely cruel and inhuman
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 08:55 AM

Is that any worse in principle than being asked if a parent should be treated with (say) antibiotics or just being given palliative care - and choosing the latter?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
They say when there is a disaster its seen that humans help each other more , I wonder why that is , could it be the shock and realisation they are spared , an interesting thought as in normal day to day life most are in it totally for themselves

I have a friend who lacks empathy and understanding , she says she has non at all other than for herself , yet she is not unkind or cold just not interested and cant feel it

I may be wrong with this knowledge but I believe the north American Indians would put out their old parents into the cold to die as when too old the young didn't want to look after them . Someone correct me if I'm wrong and dreamed this . ( I saw it in a film years ago ) if true it seems immensely cruel and inhuman
Makes good sense though.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
You!

YEAH, but its hard work.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 09:27 AM

It's true, not all humans are good all of the time. But hey, most are most of the time. I'm one for giving people the benefit of the doubt.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 09:34 AM

Hmm..That's a really interesting thing. Many say that people who lack any empathy or ability to imagine how their actions may hurt others are "sociopathic" or even "psychopathic"..Inverted commas because those terms are so abused they may as well be colloquial. But does that automatically mean they are malevolent?. That they lack any kind of moral compass? That lady seems to prove the contrary. Look at Dr Spock in Star Trek. He has no emotions at all. BUt he derives his code of ethical behaviour from a long string of logic which tells him that it is self evidently good and useful to treat others well.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->

Hmm..That's a really interesting thing. Many say that people who lack any empathy or ability to imagine how their actions may hurt others are "sociopathic" or even "psychopathic"..Inverted commas because those terms are so abused they may as well be colloquial. But does that automatically mean they are malevolent?. That they lack any kind of moral compass? That lady seems to prove the contrary. Look at Dr Spock in Star Trek. He has no emotions at all. BUt he derives his code of ethical behaviour from a long string of logic which tells him that it is self evidently good and useful to treat others well.

deleted off topic.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->

Eskimos
Put em out on the ice for the polar bears .
( This might be difficult today what with global warming .)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top