Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 07:18 AM

Re: The power of beauty

No good asking me, I'm a male Bimbo.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Not entirely sure, Muddy. I certainly think some of the so celebrities are feted because of their looks rather than their brain cells!!

If you had to choose - beauty or brains - which would it be?
Looks absolutely !
Because that is what makes for an easier life .
Plain or unattractive people just have to struggle more and life is hard enough.

It even works in the animal world we like good looking pets the ugly mutt is the last to be chosen in the dogs home.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
It's an unfortunate fact, but all studies indicate that people who are attractive are perceived as more intelligent, more capable of leadership qualities, and even serve less time for crime after being convicted than non-attractive people.

Its sad but first impressions are usually based on looks.
And then reality dawns!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 08:30 AM

Its sad but first impressions are usually based on looks.
That is very true!

I have 'suffered' (if that is the right word) because of the colour of my eyes - they are green - not a pale green - but very, very green - like the box which shows a member is 'on line'.

Given that eyes are often the first thing someone notices about a person - I have had some seriously weird reactions!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 08:32 AM

I love green eyes .
In fact my first husband had green eyes ......hang on a minute .......maybe there is something in it ...
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 08:56 AM

Good looks give those who have them, more favourable treatment in life I reckon. But it's not just what's on the outside that counts most, it's their personal qualities.

It is often said that blondes have more fun, usually referring to females. That is not my hair colour and being male I wouldn't know anyway. The lighter colour of blonde hair is said to be more noticeable, at first sighting.

Perhaps there are those on here who know the answer to that one?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 09:01 AM

To me, a person doesn't need to have good looks but just make the best of what nature has given them. I've always been a 'figure' rather than a 'face' man anyway.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 10:20 AM

Looks absolutely !
Because that is what makes for an easier life .
Plain or unattractive people just have to struggle more and life is hard enough.

It even works in the animal world we like good looking pets the ugly mutt is the last to be chosen in the dogs home.

You are right, Muddy

It is beauty over brains that attracts.

These men who say looks don't count are all married to.. or with attractive females.
However in men. often money attracts more than looks
If you have both, then you have 'Hit the Jackpot.

Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 10:32 AM

I love green eyes .
In fact my first husband had green eyes ......hang on a minute .......maybe there is something in it ...
My husband has hazel green eyes. Green is my favourite colour too
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 10:57 AM

At my age all women look beautiful.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top