Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 04:47 PM

Re: Killed by health and safety

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
For sure Besoeker - I am thinking it can't simply be because they were wearing ear defenders - there has to be more to it than that.
I agree. They were working on a line with live trains.
The how or why won't bring them back. Nor will the why.
But it may prevent another tragic recurrence.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I'd put money on it being that a Watchman was missing.
Perhaps not missing?

Regards Donkeyman!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Perhaps not missing?

Regards Donkeyman!
I didn't say why that might be the case.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 05:40 PM

How ironic and incredible sad.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 05:55 PM

I'm sure that the Rail Accident Investigation Branch will resist speculation and establish the facts before coming to a conclusion.

A representative of the RAIB has said further details of what happened and information about the investigation will be provided in the coming weeks.

Their investigation is independent of any investigation by the railway industry, the British Transport Police or by the industry’s regulator, the Office of Rail and Road.
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 08:11 PM

Surely they'd feel the vibrations on the track of the train long before it got to them??? They're not exactly quiet and create a lot of vibration! ..even if you do have headphones on!

I used to travel by train regularly when younger and liked a walkman on, I could still hear the train noises!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top