Join for free
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 12:29 PM

The Glorious Twelfth!

Not quite yet, there's another month until the grouse shooting season gets under way, but the commentation of another glorious day, the Battle of the Boyne!

With "Google-ing" and a big day in both countries on the island of Ireland though probably more so in rump Ulster and for different reasons than in Eire.

Nothing in the MSM that I've seen though which is a shame.

The Loyalist processions are things to be seen, experienced and heard. The Lambeg drums alone are worth hearing!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 12:33 PM

Re: The Glorious Twelfth!

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Not quite yet, there's another month until the grouse shooting season gets under way, but the commentation of another glorious day, the Battle of the Boyne!

With "Google-ing" and a big day in both countries on the island of Ireland though probably more so in rump Ulster and for different reasons than in Eire.

Nothing in the MSM that I've seen though which is a shame.

The Loyalist processions are things to be seen, experienced and heard. The Lambeg drums alone are worth hearing!
Great. I bet. Nice to see they are not killing each other much anymore and all! That can only be a good thing I guess.
JJ50
United Kingdom
JJ50 is female 

12-07-2019, 01:40 PM

I can't say I like the taste of grouse much, but have no objection to grouse shooting if that is what turns one on.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 07:51 PM

Yep,glorious twelth alright,6 yrs ago to this very day I went in and had my prostate removed with its cancer,6 yrs later all's well.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
Yep,glorious twelth alright,6 yrs ago to this very day I went in and had my prostate removed with its cancer,6 yrs later all's well.
Mazel tov!

How nice to read a happy story!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 08:40 PM

What an extraordinary thread.

My google calendar tells me it's Battle of the Boyne day wtf is that? I can't get rid of it nor the scottish bank holiday on Mon 5th August.

Battle of the Boyne day ... bbc news showed a war zone, folk throwing molotov cocktails at a gigantic pile of pallets, done in the name of culture. What is wrong with these people?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top