Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 03:10 PM

Re: Weed Burners?

Right art, spoke to the voice of authority, she doesn’t reckon much to the weed burner she has, hence it not being used much
If the weeds are dry it’s ok, problem is, weeds are full of moisture,as any plant is, so they don’t burn easily, if you have a block paved drive, then you could buy one of those long handled wire brushes, although you will have to refill the joints with paving sand, a lot of work, so it’s up to you I guess,
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 03:14 PM

I have seen weed burners being used and they look lethal to me certainly not something I would feel comfortable using I would probably set myself on fire .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Right art, spoke to the voice of authority, she doesn’t reckon much to the weed burner she has, hence it not being used much
If the weeds are dry it’s ok, problem is, weeds are full of moisture,as any plant is, so they don’t burn easily, if you have a block paved drive, then you could buy one of those long handled wire brushes, although you will have to refill the joints with paving sand, a lot of work, so it’s up to you I guess,
Oh Primus, in all your pain and discomfort, you went to all this trouble, for me, Thank You.

I have one of those long handled wire brushes but l thought the burner might be quicker and less work.
It sounds like it would be no good in this damp weather.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have seen weed burners being used and they look lethal to me certainly not something I would feel comfortable using I would probably set myself on fire .
Meg, l wonder if they are the ones like blow torches?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top