Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2009, 02:02 PM

Things are never simple

OH went to GP as he has been having pains in his knees & also now his Shins(he has had Arthroscopys in past) GP gave him anti inflammatries tablets & referred him for Xray/Scan.

Letter came to with various contacts to ring for an appointment, so rang nearest, they had not received letter from GP to confirm this & they would ring back.

Call received 5 days later, no available appoinment in area, so have to go to Ashford, fine.................just a point at no time did this person ask me for any relevant info to confirm I was who I said I was...........made appointment & was told would receive letter confirming.

Received Letter, having read this letter this is only for a pre assesment appointment for Xray/scan, so do they not take the word of GP anymore? Another appointment would be made if they think he needs a scan/Xray!
Also included was a form for OH to complete before appointment to clarify the degree of Pain he is in at various active/inactive times - there are 26 questions for each leg! Well at that point I had to laugh, my OH is away at Sea at mo & I have not told him all of this, but no doubt he wont be a happy bunny.

But I guess in the long run something is being done
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2009, 02:06 PM

Re: Things are never simple

Don't want to belittle your hubby's pain and suffering Sweep but he should have got his sea legs by now.
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2009, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Don't want to belittle your hubby's pain and suffering Sweep but he should have got his sea legs by now.
Very good! Made me chuckle
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2009, 02:49 PM

Hope he gets well soon Sweep!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2009, 03:09 PM

My sympathy to your OH, Sweep ..... my hubby also suffers from knee pain. He has been told he can have a replacement knee joint when the pain becomes unbearable

Nothing is straightforward with hospitals is it?

I hope your OH receives the treatment he needs very soon...
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2009, 03:17 PM

Ho hum
After all that - I do hope he can be helped
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2009, 04:34 PM

How annoying! Hope it gets sorted and that he can get the tests/treatment he needs.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2009, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
My sympathy to your OH, Sweep ..... my hubby also suffers from knee pain. He has been told he can have a replacement knee joint when the pain becomes unbearable

Nothing is straightforward with hospitals is it?

I hope your OH receives the treatment he needs very soon...
Don't know if it's true but I heard that knee replacement surgery is not an option until you're 65, it's something to do with the cartilage tissues.

I was correct, just found out a friend of mine used to play football when he was a lad and his knees are all shot, he'll have to wait another 3 years 'till he's 65 to get the op.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2009, 09:27 PM

Not good is it Hope he gets sorted soon
Sweep
Kent UK

05-10-2009, 08:55 AM

Well just thought I would update - The appointment was on time! OH in with Consultant for 5 mins, he was asked if he would prefer to have the Op or to have a scan first!!! OH said Scan first, which just seems obvious...............so we await that appointment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top