Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2009, 02:06 PM

Sleeping habits

According to the report here - older women believe they sleep worse than men - but the reverse is actually true.

I certainly don't agree with that statement, if I'm lucky I can have about 5 hours sleep on a good night - usually my average is about 3 - 4 hours. During that time awake my OH is happily snoring his head off oblivious to the fact and sometimes has the nerve to say he didn't sleep at all well the previous night! I usually get up after an hour or two of failing to drop off, go downstairs and do a couple of crossword or sudoku puzzles.

So are you a good or bad sleeper?
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2009, 02:08 PM

Re: Sleeping habits

I am lucky, fall asleep very easily, and as I am a deep sleeper, nothing generally wakes me...
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2009, 04:28 PM

My sleep depends on what I've eaten in the day - if I've had naughty foods it will keep me awake, if I've eaten 'clean' I will have a lovely sleep
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2009, 04:47 PM

I'm not sure how to categorize my sleep: always wake twice to go to the loo, but drop back to sleep quickly and easily and am a very sound sleeper when I am asleep. I've slept thru terrible thunderstorms; someone the next morning would mention the awful storm, and I'm saying "Storm? What storm?"
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2009, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
My sleep depends on what I've eaten in the day - if I've had naughty foods it will keep me awake, if I've eaten 'clean' I will have a lovely sleep
What would you class as naughty foods Azz? I suppose they would differ from person to person
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2009, 05:43 PM

I don't sleep well and often have the TV on all night.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2009, 06:12 PM

I only sleep properly when my OH is here.
A mixture of sleeping alone & the numerous painkillers I take means I generally end up awake till well into the early hours then I snooze for a couple of hours then wake shattered. My body clock is totally shot.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2009, 07:27 PM

My sleeping is nothing like as good as it was when I was younger. I tend to wake in the middle of the night and listen to the radio. I think i would be better not to have fallen into the habit but .....
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2009, 07:29 PM

I`m useless if I don`t get my 10 hours! The dogs or sons wake me occasionally, but I drop right back off thankfully.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

01-10-2009, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
My sleeping is nothing like as good as it was when I was younger. I tend to wake in the middle of the night and listen to the radio. I think i would be better not to have fallen into the habit but .....
I turn the radio on after an hour when I can't get to sleep, listen to it for a while, still unable to sleep so get up and go downstairs.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top