Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2009, 02:41 PM

Re: Sleeping habits

I've resisted taking sleeping pills, many years ago I had a back injury and the doc prescribed Mogadon, those things are awful they left me with hangovers so I binned them.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2009, 04:32 PM

I've never taken one. I suppose it's silly but I worry that they'd make me sleep so soundly that I wouldn't wake to go to the loo and would wet the bed! (Never thought I'd be posting that on a public forum!!)
Calismum
Scotland
Calismum is female  Calismum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2009, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
I've never taken one. I suppose it's silly but I worry that they'd make me sleep so soundly that I wouldn't wake to go to the loo and would wet the bed! (Never thought I'd be posting that on a public forum!!)
Oh DM that did make me laugh. I have had that thought too I have to say.

During spring when we are lambing and are up at 5am I often have a nap around 2ish. Problem is, it is very hard to get out of that habit once I am back to 'normal' hours. First few weeks back at work I find myself very droopy eyed after lunch.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2009, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Calismum ->
Oh DM that did make me laugh. I have had that thought too I have to say.

During spring when we are lambing and are up at 5am I often have a nap around 2ish. Problem is, it is very hard to get out of that habit once I am back to 'normal' hours. First few weeks back at work I find myself very droopy eyed after lunch.
Thanks, CM, so I'm not the only one!!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2009, 11:51 PM

Dm, have you tried some pure (organic) cranberry juice? (Diluted with bottled-not-tap water?). You may just have a bladder infection?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

05-10-2009, 01:49 AM

No, Azz, definitely not a bladder infection, just drinking too much liquid in the evening plus a small bladder. But thanks for the suggestion!!
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2009, 07:28 AM

I cannot say that I'm a 'bad' sleeper but a light one -yes. I need only the slightest sound -movement and I'm wide awake
Jan
Scotland
Jan is female  Jan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2009, 08:26 AM

I never really think about how much I sleep so I suppose that's a good sign. If I don't sleep well one night I make up for it the next. Getting a new mattress has improved nights a lot.
Chip is the one who can disturb me. He's the only dog I've ever met who barks in his sleep. So I drag myself downstairs to let him out and he's lying in his bed sound asleep barking .

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top