Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2009, 06:06 PM

Menopause anyone

Fed up.............how long does this crappy stage last.
This month has been just awful, foggy head & clumsiness....weird
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2009, 06:38 PM

Re: Menopause anyone

Originally Posted by Sweep ->
Fed up.............how long does this crappy stage last.
This month has been just awful, foggy head & clumsiness....weird
Don't talk to me about that!! I'm Peri menopause and I'm having alot of problems with it!!! I only went to the doctor yesterday about the situation. Are you actually going through the menopause Sweep, no Periods at all? (Sorry if this seems a bit personal), I'm peri menopause which means I'm having a run up to the menopause, my Periods are all over the place. I've been on for six days so far and if it goes on for a month I'm going to need tests!

You might need antidepressants to get you through Sweep if you are having alot of depression with yours. Menopause ..... it's a nightmare isnt it!!!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2009, 06:41 PM

It's a very personal thing, or so it seems; some sail through, others have dreadful times.
There's HRT I suppose, if you're really suffering?
I was fortunate in really only suffering 'hot nights' and daytime 'power surges/tropical moments' and not for too long
There are benefits when it's all over you know - I can't imagine going back to the dreadful monthly routine ... I'll swop for a few wrinkles!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2009, 07:52 PM

Been-there-done-that
.. a mixed blessing, on the down side the hot flushes (lasting 10 years) were a nightmare (but helped by taking dong quai and flushing wrists under cold water) but the big bonus for me was an end to Migraine

I started getting Migraines when my son was born, they lasted for three days at a time with sickness/visual disturbance/dreadfully pain and they really affected my life. I eventually learnt to control them ( if I could catch them early enough) with the help of Migril,(ergot) which can have nasty side effects.
When I reached the menopause at around 48 the Migraines stopped just like that.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2009, 07:57 PM

I was one of the lucky ones who sailed thru it; possibly because I was delighted to have it over with! I had no intentions of childbearing and thought a dreadful unnecessary nuisance. Never took HRT; rarely had hot flashes and they weren't really severe like some. I found my disposition improved greatly too without the monthly hormone fluctuations.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2009, 07:59 PM

..one effect I did get with the menopause was on waking up I experienced a strange aching/tingling sensation that gradually spread throughout my whole body. It only lasted a moment but was a very odd sensation...
Yola
Yola is female  Yola has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2009, 09:32 PM

I can't wait! Monthies are a nightmare and post childbirth very unpredicable and most unwelcome. I suffer with bloating, mood swings, spots etc and although I know it's a rite of passage in terms of becoming 'old' I genuinely can't wait!!!
Anne
UK
Anne is female  Anne has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2009, 10:10 PM

It came , it went and all done with by the time I was 37 and I didn't have a clue
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2009, 10:50 PM

Mine was early too, started when I was 44 and only lasted about 2 years till it was all over! Yola, getting rid of the mood swings was great. If there'd been a pill to stop menstruation safely with no nasty side effects I'd have taken one in my 20s! And I didn't have difficult periods, either, just hated the whole thing.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2009, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
I was one of the lucky ones who sailed thru it; possibly because I was delighted to have it over with! Never took HRT; rarely had hot flashes and they weren't really severe like some. I found my disposition improved greatly too without the monthly hormone fluctuations.
Me too.
Sorry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top