Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2009, 05:47 PM

Sympathy please!!

I have a damaged disc in my back, which causes siatica...I am lucky does not bother me too often, but its sure bothering me now! had trouble getting up this morning, and its down my leg as well this time....
I find walking really helps, so just been for a long walk and its eased off a bit....will go for another one later....Thankfully if I keep mobile, the pain only lasts a few days...
Really feel 90 today
But the good thing is..................I will live!!!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2009, 06:36 PM

Re: Sympathy please!!

Awww Moli, what a shame my wife's a martyr to sciatica so I know how you feel, are you sure walking's good for it I think you should keep it rested.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2009, 06:38 PM

Take care Moli, you will need to be fit for when little Maggie comes home
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2009, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Awww Moli, what a shame my wife's a martyr to sciatica so I know how you feel, are you sure walking's good for it I think you should keep it rested.
Seemingly nowdays Nero, you are advise to walk, my doctor has always said, not to rest keep mobile, as you just stiffen up when you rest...
Must admit, walking really does help me, feel so much better now...
Moli
Aberdeenshire

12-10-2009, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by moetmum ->
Take care Moli, you will need to be fit for when little Maggie comes home
I will be fighting fit when she comes home!need to be, going to have fun for the first few months!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2009, 06:42 PM

Oh dear, it couldn't have happened at a worse time I hope it doesn't last too long this time, Moli. I remember when you had it bad last year and had to fly down to see your Mum who also wasn't well

I've only had it once years ago and like you, was told to keep mobile. I hope it clears before you return home...
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2009, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Moli ->
Seemingly nowdays Nero, you are advise to walk, my doctor has always said, not to rest keep mobile, as you just stiffen up when you rest...
Must admit, walking really does help me, feel so much better now...
Best follow the docs advice then sciatic pain is caused by a trapped nerve in the spine, the pain travels down into your leg causing severe pain usually in the back of your upper leg.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2009, 06:47 PM

Aw Moli I have back and knee problems and find there is nothing like soaking in a really hot bath before getting into bed , the heat really does seem to help the pain.
Moli
Aberdeenshire

12-10-2009, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Oh dear, it couldn't have happened at a worse time I hope it doesn't last too long this time, Moli. I remember when you had it bad last year and had to fly down to see your Mum who also wasn't well

I've only had it once years ago and like you, was told to keep mobile. I hope it clears before you return home...
That was a bad time Mags, as Mum was ill too, and as I could not go out and leave her, really sriffened up....
Was offered an op, years ago to remove the damaged disc, but as it does not bother me a lot, decided not to have the op....
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2009, 08:24 PM

I hope it continues to ease up; I remember last year and how bad it was. Have you taken any meds for the pain?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top