Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Caprikid
New Member!
United Kingdom
Caprikid is male 

18-10-2019, 01:26 AM

Ford Capri

Hi Folks I am new on here so thought I would ask you all if you ever owned or like me still own a capri ? If you did what was your opinion on them ?? Cheers Alex
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 02:19 AM

Re: Ford Capri

My wife had a Capri in the late 80s. But I'm not sure that it's the same as the one you speak of. This is the one she had that was sold in Australia. It was great little car. Hers was a soft top.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capri.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	10880  
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 06:38 AM

We had a Ford Capri in the eighties .
It was ok
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 06:57 AM

I like them a lot, especially the Mk.I early-70's version (preferably in yellow with the vinyl roof).

Ford should reintroduce the name for a new sports car. Perhaps looking like a low-slung version of the Focus. They haven't really done a sports car in the UK anymore since the Puma or the Cougar unless you count the hatchback ST range of the Fiesta and Focus.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 10:16 AM

Hi Caprikid.

It's funny because I never really liked the shape of the Ford Capri although I always appreciated they were different to most other cars and that the later ones were very fast; but looking at that pic there, I wish I had one hidden away in a garage somewhere. It was a beautiful shape.

I remember my mate having a mk2 and converting it to look like a mk3. I think it involved a bit of welding on the front of the bonnet amongst other things.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
My wife had a Capri in the late 80s. But I'm not sure that it's the same as the one you speak of. This is the one she had that was sold in Australia. It was great little car. Hers was a soft top.

No, that was never sold in the UK.

ETA It was sold in the US as the Mercury Capri
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 11:03 AM

Yep, I had a silver 2.8i with the pepperpot wheels, it had a lethal rear end, one morning, on my way to work, I went broadside twice!
Caprikid
New Member!
United Kingdom
Caprikid is male 

18-10-2019, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Yep, I had a silver 2.8i with the pepperpot wheels, it had a lethal rear end, one morning, on my way to work, I went broadside twice!
LOL yes they were famous for the rear end letting go but it's easier to control the rear end than it is a fwd as you loss the steering.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 11:16 AM

I wouldn't have minded if I done it intentionally on a deserted road, it caught me out during the morning commuter traffic, the other drivers must have thought "Middle aged Chav".
Caprikid
New Member!
United Kingdom
Caprikid is male 

18-10-2019, 11:18 AM

[QUOTE=Longdogs;1802719]Hi Caprikid.

It's funny because I never really liked the shape of the Ford Capri although I always appreciated they were different to most other cars and that the later ones were very fast; but looking at that pic there, I wish I had one hidden away in a garage somewhere. It was a beautiful shape.

I remember my mate having a mk2 and converting it to look like a mk3. I think it involved a bit of welding on the front of the bonnet amongst other things.
Yes the MK1 was a very nice looking car but they are getting pretty rare now so they are worth crazy money so for me it' my dream car if I ever win the lotto.

The MK 2 had square headlights and another few tweaks here but we're pretty similar to the MK 3.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top