Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Caprikid
New Member!
United Kingdom
Caprikid is male 

18-10-2019, 11:25 AM

Re: Ford Capri

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I like them a lot, especially the Mk.I early-70's version (preferably in yellow with the vinyl roof).

Ford should reintroduce the name for a new sports car. Perhaps looking like a low-slung version of the Focus. They haven't really done a sports car in the UK anymore since the Puma or the Cougar unless you count the hatchback ST range of the Fiesta and Focus.
That's a stunning capri I think it's deton yellow , ford brought out the Ford probe after the capri ceased production but it was just not the same so it was dropped pretty quickly . They will never bring the capri back but as you say something with the capri shape would be nice.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 11:27 AM

My next door but two neighbour had a Brooklands 280 from new with a nominal mileage, what a smashing chap. We moved from there in 96, he had been suffering from cancer, and we heard he died circa 99, don't know what his wife did with the car, he was a car salesman, and always said, owning a car like that was the equivalent of owning a fine wine, once corked it losses value, just has every mile put on that Capri did.
Caprikid
New Member!
United Kingdom
Caprikid is male 

18-10-2019, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
My wife had a Capri in the late 80s. But I'm not sure that it's the same as the one you speak of. This is the one she had that was sold in Australia. It was great little car. Hers was a soft top.
I have seen that type of capri on the Internet before but cant say I ever saw one on the road or at the car shows. There was a car in the USA based on the capri it was name the pinto .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 11:33 AM

Caprikid
New Member!
United Kingdom
Caprikid is male 

18-10-2019, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
My next door but two neighbour had a Brooklands 280 from new with a nominal mileage, what a smashing chap. We moved from there in 96, he had been suffering from cancer, and we heard he died circa 99, don't know what his wife did with the car, he was a car salesman, and always said, owning a car like that was the equivalent of owning a fine wine, once corked it losses value, just has every mile put on that Capri did.
I guess it's the same with any car as soon as you drive them out the showroom the lose value , but if you buy a modern car today in 20 years time if it's still going it will be worth next to nothing . As for any old ford's the capri value has went through the roof a good basic model will sell for 7 grand but 3.0s or 2.8 injection mk 3 will fetch 10 to 30 grand . I bought my laser for £1650 5 years ago but I can guarantee I would easily get 6 grand for it now, so anyone who is looking for a fun car to drive that will only go up in value then the capri is the way to go. 'The car you always promised yourself ' as was the old Ford add.
Caprikid
New Member!
United Kingdom
Caprikid is male 

18-10-2019, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Yes I have watched that a few times now, I also remember there was a good top gear video with clarkson driving a Australian holden top speck performance car against a capri . The capri won hands down , I can't seem to find that video online now though I used to have it on my be Beabo lol . Thanks for the video 🖒
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Caprikid ->
That's a stunning capri I think it's deton yellow , ford brought out the Ford probe after the capri ceased production but it was just not the same so it was dropped pretty quickly . They will never bring the capri back but as you say something with the capri shape would be nice.
Yes I remember the Probe now. I think I only saw one on the road, they didn't last very long.

Question for you, Caprikid:
According to history, if the first model Capri was made between 1969-1974 and was the shape of the yellow one I posted earlier, how come this one below exists? This was an even earlier Capri from the mid-60's yet the other one was "Mk.I" if you see what I mean?

Great-looking car.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 01:46 PM

Yes I remember the Probe now. I think I only saw one on the road, they didn't last very long.

According to history, if the first model Capri was made between 1969-1974 and was the shape of the yellow one I posted earlier, how come this one below exists? This was an even earlier Capri from the mid-60's yet the other one was "Mk.I" if you see what I mean?

Great-looking car.
You are correct Floydy, that was the original Capri. I loved those great fins on the back. I don't know the answer to your question though.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
You are correct Floydy, that was the original Capri. I loved those great fins on the back. I don't know the answer to your question though.
Well you're useless then, Longdogs. Get back to your Boston records forthwith!
Caprikid
New Member!
United Kingdom
Caprikid is male 

18-10-2019, 03:06 PM

Great-looking car.
LOL yes I know exactly what you mean I used to think the same but the reason is the one in your photo is what was called a counsel capri for some reason they were different from the first ford capri mk 1 . That's what I was told anyway not sure if that makes sense but that's what I was told . 🖒

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top