Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2015, 10:26 PM

Sugar Sugar and YET MORE SUGAR!

Anyone watch the Jamie Oliver programme this evening about our consumption of sugar.
HORRIFIC!!!!!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2015, 10:47 PM

Re: Sugar Sugar and YET MORE SUGAR!

Didn't see it my blood pressure can't take too much of Saint Jamie. He put millions off processed meat products and doubled the price of a meal for many. Idiot of the first degree.

I don't like him you may not have noticed
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2015, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Didn't see it my blood pressure can't take too much of Saint Jamie. He put millions off processed meat products and doubled the price of a meal for many. Idiot of the first degree.

I don't like him you may not have noticed
He most certainly is no idiot.
Never mind about your blood pressure, look at the kiddies having a general anaesthetic to have their teeth out, see the babies being fed Coke, witness the massive pile of amputated legs....just click on the link and sign the petition if you want to try to save lives.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/jamies-sugar-rush
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2015, 11:04 PM

We know sugar is bad don't need saint Jamie telling us so. If we don't know then where have we been the past few years
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2015, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
We know sugar is bad don't need saint Jamie telling us so. If we don't know then where have we been the past few years
Exactly either people are deaf and blind or completely stupid ignoring all the publicity there has been about sugar laden drinks and foods over the years.

I think JO is preaching to the converted or those who don't care.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

03-09-2015, 11:17 PM

Well it's as well he's not listening to you two or the Government's hopeless inaction!
The good thing is he's actually DOING something about it and not tutting and moaning.
Looks like the restaurant businesses are leading the way with their sugar tax and ploughing the money back into education and health.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

03-09-2015, 11:25 PM

Doing something about it ? I think I do my bit gave up sugar a couple of years ago cook with very little and make sure the family are sugar free as possible. The only people who can DO anything are us no good asking government or anyone else to do it for us.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2015, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Well it's as well he's not listening to you two or the Government's hopeless inaction!
The good thing is he's actually DOING something about it and not tutting and moaning.
Looks like the restaurant businesses are leading the way with their sugar tax and ploughing the money back into education and health.
Lots of mothers are doing something about it and switching to Baby Led Weaning which is approved by the World Health Organisation. BLW advocates no manufactured baby food or salt, or sugar only natural occurring sugar in fruit.

I am happy to say my 3 grandchildren were raised on Baby led Weaning , the drawback is it is incredibly messy particularly when you have three babies eating together
I have seen nothing about it on TV .

http://www.babyledweaning.com/gallery/

You start around 6 months and surprisingly the children don't choke.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

03-09-2015, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I have to wonder how on earth people managed to feed their children all these years without 'government action'.

There are plenty of places to turn for advice on feeding children from books to the internet, what is needed is parents with common sense.
I doubt very much that those parents who fill their children up with processed foods and sugar will take much notice of 'government action' and those that would don't need it anyway.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

04-09-2015, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have to wonder how on earth people managed to feed their children all these years without 'government action'.

I doubt very much that those parents who fill their children up with processed foods and sugar will take much notice of 'government action' and those that would don't need it anyway.
Of course we all know that sugar is bad for us, that it's 'pure white and deadly', empty calories, leads to obesity and diabetes etc etc blah blah blah.

BUT despite that, how many people actually realise how ugly and corrupt our food industry really is?
Many perfectly intelligent and well informed people don't actually know to what extent they're consuming hidden sugars every day.

The raw statistics that emerge from this programme are mind blowing, that's what I'm saying.
Previous generations weren't hoodwinked by corrupt marketing and advertising.
Look at those sky high Coke boards in Mexico!

Horrific details on a scale that most ordinary people are unaware...36spoonfuls of sugar in a small jar of stir fry sauce,, and 7,000 lower limb amputations a year just in the UK alone...that mountain of plastic legs is an image that stays with you.

You say you can't stand Jamie, fair enough, but it's not about that, he has heart and he has passion!

I can't stand Jeremy Clarkson, but if he'd presented this programme I'd have signed that petition like a shot!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top