Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 10:47 AM

Slimming World--anyone tried it ?

I am about to start going to my local Slimming World grouo next week--as luck would have it ,there are are offers around, so there is no memership fee [usually £10.00] and less than £5.00 a week. I have lost about a stone siince the beginning of the year, partly through personal problems, and also trying .
I cut a lot of things out of my normal diet--eg bread, butter, cheese, meat, milk etc etc etc. The problem is , despite all the changes I have made, some weeks I may only lose a quarter of a pound here, or half a pound there--really discouraging when I really am trying. My friend says that I am not eating enough, but that does not make sense to me---and how do you know if you are eating enough, without eating too much !!
So I am hoping to get some inspiration from Slimmimg World.
On saying that, even though I have lost only 1 stone--trying for another 4---I feel loads better--plus all my clothes getting too big---and getting into things that I have not been able to get into for ages and ages.
So I would love some advice from anyone---oh, and I know about the exercise part--I have 2 dogs to walk every day..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 11:03 AM

Re: Slimming World--anyone tried it ?

Not personally tried them but two of my friends did and lost well over 12 stones between them, they both still go although they reached their target weights as they loved it and don't want to slip back.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 11:27 AM

I did Slimming World, a while ago, or fat club as my Daughter calls it.
She still goes, but having reached my target weight I kept losing on it, so I stopped going. Did not want to fade away.
I haven't put much back on though, about a stone.
I found it easy to follow & when I was going eggs were free, don't know if they still are, I love eggs.
Don't lose too much at once a steady 2/3 pounds a week is good. If you lose too much you aren't eating properly. The leader will tell you what is best for you diet wise, don't be discouraged if you don't lose much at first, it takes time to get into the right way of doing it.
I enjoyed the friendliness of our group & the way we helped each other too.
Good luck, I'm sure you'll do well.
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 11:45 AM

Thanks Julie and Tiffany--I have had 2 friends who did really well.
mariana
Kent. Uk.

01-04-2016, 11:48 AM

Julie--I was reading your "weight loss thread" earlier this morning--but it seemed to come to an end in 2013---but I was inspired by reading it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by mariana ->
Julie--I was reading your "weight loss thread" earlier this morning--but it seemed to come to an end in 2013---but I was inspired by reading it.
I put back on what I lost Mariana I didn't like the person I became as a slimmer size, couldn't take the comments all the time so faded back into the back ground as my larger self. But don't take that as something will happen to you I lost a vast amount if I had stopped at half as much lost I think I might have been happier.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 08:02 PM

Slimming world introduced me to a new way of eating . good wholesome food and plenty of it . I love their way of making chips

Fry light spray .

Cut up potatoes into chips . place on oven tray sprayed with fry light. Sprinkle with salt . spray with fry light . pop in oven for half hour

Lush . fat free and delicious . a real treat

Good luck .
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Slimming world introduced me to a new way of eating . good wholesome food and plenty of it . I love their way of making chips

Fry light spray .

Cut up potatoes into chips . place on oven tray sprayed with fry light. Sprinkle with salt . spray with fry light . pop in oven for half hour

Lush . fat free and delicious . a real treat

Good luck .
I still use it as OH hates greasy food.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 09:21 PM

Am l right in thinking that Slimming World has a different diet plan these days?
I went to Slimming World about 20 years ago. l wasn't ever so fat l just wanted to lose a little bit. At the time, you chose a 'Red' day and a 'Green' day. It was also a very low fat diet where l lost the weight but my skin and hair went very dry. I noticed the ones with the greatest weight loss had beautiful figures but their faces were dry and ill looking. I mentioned about the dry skin during a 'question and answer' part of the session and l was soon quietened by the Slimming World organisers who sort of, moved swiftly onto the next question!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 09:34 PM

That's really interesting Art, because I decided I wanted to lose a bit recently too, but I've been doing the 5:2 diet.
I too, have noticed my skin is drier, drier than it's ever been before.
Although I always moisturise after a shower, I can still feel the my skin has changed.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top