Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2009, 11:27 AM

Re: What's in a name?

And I can just imagine the stick those poor kids will get in the playground with names like that Claire.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2009, 04:32 PM

There's a little quiz on baby names here Good luck
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2009, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
There's a little quiz on baby names here Good luck
Oh well.... I managed to get 3 of those correct
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2009, 07:44 PM

My name isn't very common; I do know an Elaine from work and two on Catsey ......
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2009, 09:37 PM

My parents named us all after Saints and one of my sisters will never forgive them for naming her Agnes. At one point she was going to change her name by deed-poll but has never got round to it. Everyone calls her 'Aggie' and she doen't mind that, after all, there is another famous Aggie on telly-Kim and Aggie in How clean is your house?
Yola
Yola is female  Yola has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2009, 09:55 PM

I think Agnes is a beautiful name; but then I don't have to live with it!!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2009, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Yola ->
I think Agnes is a beautiful name; but then I don't have to live with it!!
My sister would definitely disagree with you-she hates the name and often says why wasn't one of us called it and that we had a lucky escape
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2009, 02:22 PM

I can sympathise with Jan. I have no second name either and feel the lack of it. I always wanted to be Angela Elizabeth Diana Beverley (don't ask me why!). Still like the name Elizabeth though. I had an Auntie Eileen, Eileen. She was a poppet and I still think about her. She was a kind auntie and had a marvellous singing voice. I was meant to be a boy and would have been called Michael, but I was a girl. I wanted to know why I hadn't been called Michaela (Armand and Michaela Dennis - anyone remember?) but as my boy cousin Michael had been born first, I got lumbered with Angela. Angie is OK - I only ever got called "Angela" by my mother when I had done something wrong!!!
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2009, 08:22 PM

I am Susan but always known as Sue ,Suzie at work,Suey by my friend When I was a child I always said my daughter would be called Michelle Annette but when I had her she was definatly a Kerry Marie I don't know where that came from.. If she had been a boy I was going to call him Randall Alexander my mom said you can't give a child a name like that
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2009, 08:59 PM

In my first job I had a lovely boss whose given name was Randall.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top