Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2009, 08:49 PM

Re: The London Olympics - looking forward to it?

I don't see how we can afford it, I admire the dedication these people put into their chosen sport though, I did used to enjoy watching it when Daly Thompson was in his prime.

I feel sorry for the people in the area whose lives must be turned upside down.
cathy
essex
cathy is female  cathy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2009, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by moetmum ->
I don't see how we can afford it, I admire the dedication these people put into their chosen sport though, I did used to enjoy watching it when Daly Thompson was in his prime.

I feel sorry for the people in the area whose lives must be turned upside down.
think there was quite a few ladies who used to watch daly thompson in his prime lol ( remember the *lunchbox*)
cathy
essex
cathy is female  cathy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2009, 04:40 PM

if we lose the feild out the back we will move. i dont want to live in the middle of a housing estate.. the feild n park was a major factor in us taking the bungalow.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2009, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by cathy ->
think there was quite a few ladies who used to watch daly thompson in his prime lol ( remember the *lunchbox*)
Hmm now you come to mention it
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2009, 08:57 PM

I do love athletics but must say I do wonder how we can afford it especially at this time. I do also feel sorry for those people whose lives will be affected. It will also be interesting as to what happens to all the 'new build' after the Olympics have finished.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2009, 01:07 PM

On the news today...`problems` with the Olympics accounting. There seems to be a black hole in the accounts. This means Lottery money will be short for at least 10 years after the sale of the Olympic Venues/ developments (money was lent from the Lottery for this) as `payback` will take a lot longer.
Now there`s a surprise...not.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top