Join for free
Jan
Scotland
Jan is female  Jan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2009, 10:23 AM

Mystery Shoppers

Has anyone any experience of being a mystery shopper? My part time teaching job came to an end in June and I was thinking of giving this a try. Though I'm sure there will be more to it than going on a spending spree with someone else's money
cathy
essex
cathy is female  cathy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2009, 10:51 AM

Re: Mystery Shoppers

ive decide id love to be a mystery shopper. fancy getting paid to shop. my idea of heaven lol
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2009, 11:02 AM

We had a mystery shopper visit our centre to check out our service for our Green Flag award, I wish they would give you feed back on the visit, don't think ours ever did.

I think that would be a lovely job too!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2009, 12:15 PM

A neighbour of mine was a Mystery Shopper a while ago....... she had to visit supermarkets and basically had a check list to go through to vet different aspects of the store, how polite and knowledgeable the staff were etc. Once she had to have a meal in the store's restaurant and comment on the quality of the meal.

Sounds interesting Jan, let us know if you decide to give it a try..
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2009, 01:49 PM

My son did it for a while, he had to travel quite a distance sometimes and decided it was not worth what they paid him...
Yola
Yola is female  Yola has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2009, 02:26 PM

I commissioned it for a while when at B&O to monitor the activities of our franchise outlets. It's a hard job and you don't often actually 'buy' it's more about reporting on the buying experience that a potential customer might have and in other cases on pricing levels in competitor's outlets.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2009, 08:49 PM

Not something I've ever thought about as I hate shopping of any kind
SageCat
Suffolk, UK
SageCat is female  SageCat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2009, 09:44 PM

I don't think Mystery Shoppers actually do much shopping. One of their primary role is to check the knowledge and operating procedures in establishments, such as making sure that those who deliver customer service are providing the service they should be according to that comapany's policies.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top