Join for free
Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 12:04 PM

Re: Trans people want to return to original gender

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I have a friend who changed from a man to a woman. He had the operation and regretted it.
He felt suicidal at times and became a Counsellor to very young men who were going through the same thing.

Up until knowing her, (l won’t insult him by calling her, him) l had the same feelings about transvestites/transgenders. You know, nudge nudge, wink wink and a bit of a giggle.

But...knowing her, her feelings, her torment, what she had to put up with from her family, the general public was horrendous and cruel.
Their choice.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Their choice.
That’s easy to say, when you are born ‘normal’. Have you no compassion?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 12:21 PM

[QUOTE=Artangel;1799829]That’s easy to say, when you are born ‘normal’.

I was only thinking that the other day ,Art.....those poor people,I haven't always thought this way...but glad my pattern of thinking has been turned around,
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 01:10 PM

I think the comment of 'Their choice' is a fair comment because over the years the LGBT community have put pressure on medical professionals to ease off on their discussions with those wanting to transgend saying it is discriminatory that they have to go through weeks if not months of talks with professionals to determine if what they want to do is truly what they want to do.

Someone now saying they want to transgend, there is much less restrictions in them going ahead with it. Then a few years down the line, some decide it was not the right decision, someone that could have been found out if the discussion period had been kept the same.

Transgenders only have themselves to blame because they have campaigned for years to make it easy for them to transgend. Now they have been given it, some come to realisation that it is not what they wanted.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 01:19 PM

Not a lot to be honest.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
I think the comment of 'Their choice' is a fair comment because over the years the LGBT community have put pressure on medical professionals to ease off on their discussions with those wanting to transgend saying it is discriminatory that they have to go through weeks if not months of talks with professionals to determine if what they want to do is truly what they want to do.

Someone now saying they want to transgend, there is much less restrictions in them going ahead with it. Then a few years down the line, some decide it was not the right decision, someone that could have been found out if the discussion period had been kept the same.

Transgenders only have themselves to blame because they have campaigned for years to make it easy for them to transgend. Now they have been given it, some come to realisation that it is not what they wanted.
Well said.

I would also reiterate what I said about having to pay for it themselves. In my opinion (I stand to be criticised, of course!), it is not a health matter.
Katerina
United Kingdom
Katerina is female 

13-10-2019, 03:28 PM

If not their choice - then whose? One should not be able to change one's gender like changing one's clothes. Criteria and psychological counselling for changing needs to be stricter, and once changed, then there should be no changing back allowed.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Katerina ->
If not their choice - then whose? One should not be able to change one's gender like changing one's clothes. Criteria and psychological counselling for changing needs to be stricter, and once changed, then there should be no changing back allowed.
Well if these mixed-up weirdos pay for it all themselves and keep it to themselves then it's up to them I suppose
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Katerina ->
The part in bold is the issue i raised in my post. The criteria and counselling to determine if a person was in genuine state of mind to make the decision if they want to change gender was extremely strict. The LGBT community and it's many supporters, plus various charities then got a bee in their bonnet and starting putting pressure on the medical profession to ease off on the strict criteria, saying that it was tantamount to discrimination and humiliation to the person wanting to change gender. Not wanting to suffer and long term PR damage, the medical profession relented and relaxed some of the criteria and counselling.

Now we are finding ourselves in the situation where since the strict criteria has been relaxed more and more transgender people are coming forward saying they made the wrong decision but it is something you will never hear from the LGBT community because they will never accept that a person admitting they made a mistake is due to the system making it easier for them to transgender but blame it completely on society issues, saying the the person said the things they did because society did not accept them or society made fun of them or society this and society that. The LGBT community will never ever accept that people made the wrong choice/decision in wanting to transgend.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 03:51 PM

Sorry to have to ask Art but where have they not been born normal ?

Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top