Join for free
Page 73 of 370 « First < 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 173 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2017, 05:43 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

I am really enjoying the posts on this thread. Floydy, it sounds like your wife is well on the mend - very pleased to hear it. Reps are the secret to weight-bearing universe, I say.

Jiggs, I am so bad about allocating recovery days. I try to give myself a day off, but it's just so beautiful outside this time of year and the calendar now has a sinister laugh..... One day is still about the best I can do.

I wish that the younger generations would check in here to see that not only should they get down to business and find some activity they enjoy - but that those of us with one foot in the grave can still stay fit and have great satisfaction working out well past fifty. One day an older gentleman ran past me in the opposite direction calling out, "A few miles a day keeps the doctor away!" So right was he.

Anyway, posting here keeps me honest and helps establish my motivation to get back out there tomorrow. Hurricane Harvey swirled cool breezes that pushed me north and then cooled me south. It was a solid six as the last photons of the day danced over the horizon. I also carried my newly-adopted, one-eyed, 72 pound lab/mastiff mix into the bathtub to give him his second-in-a-lifetime bath. That was the hardest workout I've had in a week. I need a physical therapist and a massage therapist, but at least Ranger smells like spring flowers....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2017, 02:36 PM

Nice one, Surfermom.
That doggie of yours sounds a real handful having a bath. Love to see a pic of him sometime

- - - - - - - -

An all-round upper body workout today, pleasantly brutal on the muscles and sinews at times and nigh on blazing the trail for a couple of hours and every minute of it thoroughly enjoyable.
Building strength isn’t necessarily my priority these days, though it’s good to try and (almost) match my previous standards if I’m feeling up to it. It’s keeping up the stamina that really counts and if I can still hit a reasonable criterion with this thing we call training into my fifties and beyond well there’s a benchmark for younger others to aim for when they reach that point themselves.

Friday 1/9/17

Bench:
15x40 w/u
10x60
10x60
10x60
Benching bores me senseless tbh, so I switched half-way through this exercise to a variation with lighter weights and very little rest intervals. Felt much more worthwhile:
5x70 – 10sec rest – 5x70 – 10sec rest – 5x70
5x40 – 5x40 – 5x40 - 7x40 (push presses, 2sec rest)

DB press:
5x26
5x28
5x30

Shoulder press:
5x80
Ditched that as my tri’s weren’t really up to pushing any shoulder work today for some reason. As with the benching above, I decided on a few lighter sets with less rest instead:
5x40
5x40
5x40
5x40
5x40
*10 second rest between sets.

Single DB raise “Floydy Press”:
42x50 Reps PB
24x50
23x50
11x50
=100 reps
*Happy to see the return of that little dancing smiley^. Can’t figure out where I grabbed that PB from Normally I’d be struggling at around 30 reps. Triceps were moving like well-oiled pistons on these!

Rope pulldown:
10x25
10x30

Tricep extensions:
10x40
10x50
10x60
10x70

Lat pulldown, hammer bar:
6x50
6x60
6x70
4x80

Pec dec:
10x50
10x60
6x70

Standing DB curl, alt:
6x16
6x16
6x18

Seated DB hammer curls, alt:
6x16
6x16
6x18

Seated DB curl, preacher bench, alt:
6x20
6x20
6x20

SUPERSET:
E-Z bar preacher curl, low pull / BB forearm reverse curl:
10x28 / 10x15
10x28 / 10x15
*Wrists in pain somehow so ditched the forearm stuff. May try these with an E-Z bar from now on. Did a couple of extra E-Z bar exercises instead:

SUPERSET:
E-Z bar preacher curl, low pull / Standing DB curl, alt:
6x28 / 6x12
6x28 / 6x12
6x28 / 6x12

E-Z bar preacher curl, low pull, c/g:
12x33
10x38
5x43
*I paused at the top of every rep with these and took the movement down really slowly almost locking the elbows at the bottom. Bloody tough work and the biceps were shouting for mercy, but all was completed very nicely. I tried going heavier but my arms were just about obliterated

Ab crunch:
50x40
50x40
*Different to my normal 10x60, 70 etc routine I just went for 100 reps straight off with a slight pause half way.

Time: 2 hours.

Battered
Tomorrow I’ll be taking a break as it’s Hull’s Freedom Festival which involves loads of fun and games, bands, food stalls and of course, copious boatloads of real ale on tap.

Thanks for reading
Titus
London
Titus is male  Titus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2017, 04:59 PM

Wow now that IS a workout.

I ran 3 miles to the Gym, circuit for 1 hour then 3.5 mile run back via my sons training ground to watch him train for his team.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2017, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Titus ->
Wow now that IS a workout.

I ran 3 miles to the Gym, circuit for 1 hour then 3.5 mile run back via my sons training ground to watch him train for his team.
Hi bud, welcome to the thread. There's a good variety of exercise going on in here

Cheers. I'm doing what I still can, give or take a few niggles!

That's some energy you're got too mate and I notice you're a marathon runner as well. Wish I had that sort of stamina these days! I guess it depends on the kind of training you keep up. Circuits are essential for this kind of exercise.
Keep it going, Titus
Titus
London
Titus is male  Titus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2017, 06:24 PM

My marathon days are over, my knees wouldn't take more than a Half now.
I ran every other day on holiday and swam every day.
Just need to stay active, my eldest ran 7 miles every morning up and down the hills, Goalkeepers they are mad.

My old position.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

01-09-2017, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Titus ->
My marathon days are over, my knees wouldn't take more than a Half now.
I ran every other day on holiday and swam every day.
Just need to stay active, my eldest ran 7 miles every morning up and down the hills, Goalkeepers they are mad.

My old position.
That's what happens when you pass the 50 mark, Titus, the knees begin to give way. It's happened to me very recently.
Having said that, others seem to be unaffected - Old Grey Fox for instance. With me, I think I'm just not built for running
Titus
London

01-09-2017, 07:37 PM

I had a couple of knee injuries from Rugby when I was 17/18 have come back to haunt me I think.
Jiggs
Ontario, Canada
Jiggs is male 

01-09-2017, 09:24 PM

Well last Workout other than maybe a run/walk or some biking until probably late next week or so. Have a little surgery coming up for some C screening. Beat it once already but something new recently popped up. Fingers crossed along with a whole bunch of other body parts that it's nothing! Never a dull moment!

Anyway here was my Friday Fitness Blast;

Ladder Workout

Dumbbell Complex consists of;
Suitcase Squat, Clean, Overhead Press, Bent Row, Hammer Curl, Chest Press, Skull Crusher.

6 Db Complex {pr of 40lb dumbbells}
6 Kb Snatches {3 ea side #50lb Kb}
6 Bb Deadlifts {150lb Barbell}
12 Kettlebell Swings {KBS} {50lb Kb}

5 Db Complex
6 Kb Snatches
5 Bb Deadlifts
12 KBS

4 Db Complex
6 Kb Snatches
4 Bb Deadlifts
12 KBS

3 Db Complex
6 Kb Snatches
3 Bb Deadlifts
12 KBS

2 Db Complex
6 Kb Snatches
2 Bb Deadlifts
12 KBS

1 Db Complex
6 Kb Snatches
1 Bb Deadlifts
12 KBS

Rest 90sec then go back up the ladder.

Finisher:
3k Run

294 complex reps
144 kb swings
72 kb snatches
42 bb deadlifts
3 K Run

Have a great weekend everyone!!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2017, 05:46 AM

Hi, Titus. Great combination of running with a gym workout. It sounds like your son motivates you, and it must be thoroughly satisfying to watch him play! You are wise to be transitioning from running into more swimming for a dozen reasons.

Floydy, another sound performance from you. I respect how much you are pushing yourself. When I read everyone's workouts, it fascinates me how many different ways we can develop the same muscles and cardio endurance. You and Jiggs have me scrambling to the search bar to figure out some parts of your routines, but I really enjoy learning the different movements and routines.

Jiggs, I am really sorry to hear that you are having to endure the stress of more diagnostics and wish you well with your surgery. Please keep us apprised. I will keep you in my good thoughts!

I started the morning with some step aerobics with three pound weights, which probably has you gentlemen snickering a little, but it is surprising what a good workout I get in an hour. My sole upper arm workout for years, it has kept my conditioning and coordination solid, and has done wonders in preventing turkey arms Just as I was finishing, the phone rang with a friend reporting that there was good, clean surf about an hour's drive from my house. With that we packed up the boards and a cooler full of veggie burgers to make a day of it. No run, but with quite a bit of current to battle, I felt like I had earned my cake...but watching carbs for a week or so, I declined.....

Floydy, I have are several pictures of Ranger in the Pets section under the thread "This guy brought me here.... He has quite a story!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2017, 08:19 AM

No exercise done for pure exercise/recreational purposes but yesterday was a 5½ brisk walk to and from the hospital. Today will be a 4 mile one to and from the town shops.

Page 73 of 370 « First < 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 173 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top