Join for free
Page 39 of 40 « First < 29 37 38 39 40 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 08:03 PM

Re: EU Swindle Of The Century

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm not normally a fan of Julia but she's very right on this

Taken from twitter

Julia Hartley-Brewer

@JuliaHB1

In a rush?! We had to wait 41 years for a referendum, two general elections after one was actually promised, it’s now TWO AND A HALF YEARS since we voted to leave the EU and we *still* haven’t left. So, forgive us if we’d like to get on with this democratic decision now, Brian.
Quote Tweet
Brian Cox

@ProfBrianCox
This is why the Brexiteers are in a rush.
(link: https://twitter.com/europeelects/sta...74486121492481)
twitter.com/europeelects/s…
A completely unbiased Survation poll (of 20,000), I'm sure - NOT. It was probably conducted within the confines of Londonistan!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
A completely unbiased Survation poll (of 20,000), I'm sure - NOT. It was probably conducted within the confines of Londonistan!
Have you ever been to our capital city? You seem to prefer to live in your little enclave hurling spears at the ones that do.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 09:54 PM

I'm now waiting for some apology from nick clegg for nigel farage when he as near as damn it called him a liar about a european army in the referendum. Macron now saying they need it to protect against china, russia and usa !!! does he not realise usa was a great ally during the two world wars, helped us save france ?

Some members here also rubbished the european army idea, not so much rubbish as complete truth I believe.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 10:19 PM

I'm now waiting for some apology from nick clegg for nigel farage when he as near as damn it called him a liar about a european army in the referendum. Macron now saying they need it to protect against china, russia and usa !!! does he not realise usa was a great ally during the two world wars, helped us save france ?

Some members here also rubbished the european army idea, not so much rubbish as complete truth I believe.
European army? bring it on!!!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 10:43 PM

Well good luck with a war against china and usa I think europe would find they bit off more than they could chew
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 11:17 PM

I didn't know about that, Julia.

The idea of setting up a 'European army' seems to be becoming reality as time goes by.

Needless to say, Macron (and probably many other French people) live under the misapprehension that France is destined to conquer the world, perhaps with Germany's help! Another Napoleon in the making, and look what happened to him.

If that's true, they are more stupid than I had previously thought. Even the entire EU (without us, of course) couldn't hope to challenge the US or even Russia or China. They are the three most militarily powerful countries in the world, and the EU wouldn't stand a chance. In fact, if the EU keeps trying to throw its weight about, they should be very worried.

And don't even think about French loyalty to those countries who rescued them twice in the 20th Century. France doesn't deserve friends and allies, be it us or America.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
The French president says Europe needs to be able to defend itself better alone, without depending on the United States.
Especially since the usa might stop contributing to nato.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
They gave nursing higher pay and created Modern matrons and more senior nursing grades to give nurses more responsibility and take pressure of doctors. But they must have non graduate jobs for ancillary staff and more junior grades. I met a district nurse on holiday and she had worked her way up after training on a bursary. She was from Nigeria. Lots of people come here to train because they need to fill the posts and taking away the bursary will make that less appealing.
Nurses didnt need more responsibility. They had just enough already.
What they did with doctors was cave in to their demands and the result is doctors being paid far too much for doing far too little.

I'm not sure what your warm and fuzzy story about the Nigerian woman has to do with the price of peas , but I'm sure you imagine it has added to your prejudice in some way.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Especially since the usa might stop contributing to nato.
If they did they would be the same as most other NATO members, UK excepted,who contribute a pittance.
Moscow
Scotland

07-11-2018, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It was working fine, but the 2008 crash sent a shock through the whole economy. That's when our borrowing started to go up and up. All public services were affected. But it's only since the Tories took over that it's frayed so much at the seams because of changes they made.
It hasn't worked fine since about 1965.

You saying Tories =bad, Labour=Good is so naive.

You sound as if you've done another of your Google crash courses on this subject and are just repeating statements from your favoured left leaning source verbatim.

You would have more credibility if you were to have analytical opinions of your own rather than repeating Leftist propaganda on every subject.

Page 39 of 40 « First < 29 37 38 39 40 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top