Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2015, 07:12 PM

Re: death and Immortality

My hubby has just said your a depressing **** and i also agree It's saturday so lighten up!!
Derbygal
Idaho USA
Derbygal is female  Derbygal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2015, 07:17 PM

John 3:16. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
Deborah2307
Weymouth Dorset
Deborah2307 is female  Deborah2307 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2015, 08:53 PM

My husband died at 55 earlier this year and my brother died 6 weeks ago aged 55 immortality does not exist. Neither were afraid to die for different reasons but what I would say it is so hard for those left behind. I want to be happy and I try hard for my children and grandchildren but it is still very hard
Red Kite
Red Kite is female 

10-10-2015, 08:58 PM

I am so very sorry Deborah, it is very hard indeed for those left behind, keeping you in my thoughts this evening
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2015, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Deborah2307 ->
My husband died at 55 earlier this year and my brother died 6 weeks ago aged 55 immortality does not exist. Neither were afraid to die for different reasons but what I would say it is so hard for those left behind. I want to be happy and I try hard for my children and grandchildren but it is still very hard
Really sorry to hear of your losses Deborah...sending you big hugs ((((((((((hugs)))))))))
I hope that in time you will begin to find yourself able to dwell on the happy memories without the pain being so raw. My thoughts are with you
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2015, 10:23 PM

I think our immortality lives on in what impact we leave behind. While people remember and think about us we are still there..

Personally I do not beleive in an afterlife and death holds no fear for me its natural ..The process or manner of getting there does worry me slightly as it does everyone..We all want it to be painless and allow us to leave without suffering.

More important than dying is living, spending too much time thinking about what happens after this life is a waste of the time we have ..
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2015, 10:26 PM

I'm ignoring it. My preference is to spend my time living my life and not worrying about death. I've made my will, written a goodbye letter and there's enough money to bury me. Not a lot else I can do.
So here's to life!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2015, 10:43 PM

I’m a believer and so in some ways looking forward to the chance to meet ‘long gone on ones’ on “the other side”

Whilst still here though I feel saddened about my contemporaries who have gone before, my younger brother for example, ‘left’ a year and a half ago and I still miss him so badly. So whilst still surrounded by sons and daughters and grandchildren who cheer me immensely, I do miss my contemporaries as we had so much of the past to share. I don’t go along with the idea ‘forget the past there is more future to enjoy’.

I went to the family gathering of a 90yr old friend a few years back and I sat on his table as one of the oldies too! Ages ranged from 5 – 90 and the noise decibels the same. We chatted and he eventually fell asleep amongst the din of it all – in a way I don’t think he felt part of it anymore despite skype links to family elsewhere and great grandchildren playing with their Ipads – it was all too much for him. He was in fact approaching the next world and leaving our present one. I feel a bit like that myself!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2015, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
I’m a believer and so in some ways looking forward to the chance to meet ‘long gone on ones’ on “the other side”

Whilst still here though I feel saddened about my contemporaries who have gone before, my younger brother for example, ‘left’ a year and a half ago and I still miss him so badly. So whilst still surrounded by sons and daughters and grandchildren who cheer me immensely, I do miss my contemporaries as we had so much of the past to share. I don’t go along with the idea ‘forget the past there is more future to enjoy’.

I went to the family gathering of a 90yr old friend a few years back and I sat on his table as one of the oldies too! Ages ranged from 5 – 90 and the noise decibels the same. We chatted and he eventually fell asleep amongst the din of it all – in a way I don’t think he felt part of it anymore despite skype links to family elsewhere and great grandchildren playing with their Ipads – it was all too much for him. He was in fact approaching the next world and leaving our present one. I feel a bit like that myself!

No, not you Gummy. Dying? Nah, I'm sure that's the last thing you will do.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 02:41 AM

Ah gee thanks Mups I was just goin to book the undertaker - mind you by t he time ya house is finished it could be the death of ya!!

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top