Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 09:56 PM

Re: Why Do People Use Different Profile Names On Different Forums?

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I'm only on this one so only got one name to remember.
I couldn't cope with being on more than one forum. I'd be sat on my backside all day if I was

The only other forum I was on closed down years ago and I used my proper name then.
Was that when honesty was the best policy.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 09:58 PM

I try to use my real name or combination of it, on forums but on several it was already taken, so I used a different one, also I am not me here either, for the same reason, but I think a mod or two may know my real christen name.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I'm only on this one so only got one name to remember.
I couldn't cope with being on more than one forum. I'd be sat on my backside all day if I was

The only other forum I was on closed down years ago and I used my proper name then.
Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Was that when honesty was the best policy.
Do you mean about my using my real name on my last forum?
If you do, it was cos I didn't know any different then - I'm a little wiser now and honesty is always the best policy, except when I ask 'does my bum look big in this'
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 10:21 PM

It pays to be a bit wiser, and shut down, but, that ain't conducive with gaining knowledge, also, ass size perception can vary, dependant on your standpoint.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 10:43 PM

Oh gawd I want to change my name again now!
I use different names on different forums because when I pick one I always think of one I like more so I have to join another one so I can use it, then I forget what it was and the password!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 11:35 PM

Apart from one forum, which is a professional one, I do not use my real name. The reason is that I don't wish to give away my identity to anyone who has access to the several fora to which I subscribe.

My username is the same JBR for all other fora with the exception of where a longer username or numbers/symbols are required. It may mutate, therefore, into such things as JBR* or JBR123, for example.

There was, in fact, one other forum on which I made the mistake of entering my real name as username. I politely requested the administrators if I could change it, and gave my reasons, but was refused so I cancelled my membership.

(Edited due to pedantry: I wrote 'give' and have changed it to 'gave'.)
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Apart from one forum, which is a professional one, I do not use my real name. The reason is that I don't wish to give away my identity to anyone who has access to the several fora to which I subscribe.

My username is the same JBR for all other fora with the exception of where a longer username or numbers/symbols are required. It may mutate, therefore, into such things as JBR* or JBR123, for example.
JBR, Just by using the word 'fora' might alert me to you, if you had a different profile name. Not many people use that word.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2016, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
JBR, Just by using the word 'fora' might alert me to you, if you had a different profile name. Not many people use that word.
Ah, but I'm a pedantic sort of person and I like to be correct without, I hope, sounding pretentious!

I notice that you've changed your avatar. May I say that on both the new one and the previous one you look just as pretty now as you did on your photo at age 21 in your profile.

(I now expect that someone will post, as a reply to this, the 'vomiting' smiley!)
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2016, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I use the same profile name on the three forums l belong to. Yet others have a different profile name for the various forums they belong to. Why is this?
Do you have different profile names or are you like me and stick to the same name?
The bigger question is why use profile names at all? What is wrong with your real name?

It is really irritating when in a thread "Meglamaniac" is addressed as "Barry" if the name is not a secret why not use it?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2016, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Ah, but I'm a pedantic sort of person and I like to be correct without, I hope, sounding pretentious!

I notice that you've changed your avatar. May I say that on both the new one and the previous one you look just as pretty now as you did on your photo at age 21 in your profile.

(I now expect that someone will post, as a reply to this, the 'vomiting' smiley!)
JBR, lve gone as red as a beetroot here! Thank You for your lovely words! I took the pic today, with a selfie stick l bought from Poundland....you should've seen the other pics...Eeeeeeek!

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top