Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 10:08 AM

Why Do People Use Different Profile Names On Different Forums?

I use the same profile name on the three forums l belong to. Yet others have a different profile name for the various forums they belong to. Why is this?
Do you have different profile names or are you like me and stick to the same name?
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 10:12 AM

Re: Why Do People Use Different Profile Names On Different Forums?

I have belonged to three different forums using the same user name that I have here. All three have gone. I hope this one stays active.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I use the same profile name on the three forums l belong to. Yet others have a different profile name for the various forums they belong to. Why is this?
Do you have different profile names or are you like me and stick to the same name?
I use different ones on different forums.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 10:16 AM

I have spotted those that have different names by their posting style, but hey perhaps a change is as good as a rest.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 10:17 AM

Art I post on 3 forums ( all belonging to Azz and Mod there too ) and use the same name which is my real name.

I don't post anywhere else, if I did I would use my own name if it wasn't taken.

When I first joined one of Azz's sites I picked a really silly name and soon regretted it , using my own name is easier and I can remember it as I get more forgetful .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 10:17 AM

I use two my real name on smaller forums or private forums and my late doggies name on bigger less intimate forums. I think it's a bit crazy to use real name on some forums and a bit crazy to use other names on smaller forums.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 10:18 AM

This is the only Social Site I'm a Member of as I don't see the point in belonging to lots of others..,from what I hear they're all much alike except for the methods of moderation.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
This is the only Social Site I'm a Member of as I don't see the point in belonging to lots of others..,from what I hear they're all much alike except for the methods of moderation.
Not quite so may, I belong to several that are dedicated to one main subject knitting, crafts, medical matters not all forums are the same.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 10:22 AM

i use different names on different forums,,you may not like me here Art,,but chat to me on other forums under a different name
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Not quite so may, I belong to several that are dedicated to one main subject knitting, crafts, medical matters not all forums are the same.
Fair enough Julie..but I did mean Social Sites for the over 50s like this one.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top