Join for free
Page 30 of 40 « First < 20 28 29 30 31 32 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 12:21 PM

Re: EU Swindle Of The Century

Only read the first line and found it a lie itsme, they never said it would go to the nhs they said it could and if you look at the last few months that has more than happened anyway. Much more than the amount suggested has been announced as a fact to go to the nhs.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
So you admit you HAve no hard facts so why try to scare people who rely on the nhs ? that's pretty poor IMO
You don't have any hard facts for your opinions on Brexit Julie.

But as for the NHS it's not sustainable in its current form and it won't exist in this form Brexit or not in the long term. But if we exit without a deal then the long term will be shorter. That's my opinion based on our current through the roof borrowing and the cost of having to deal with a shock to our economy from a no deal with no plan & the effect on our credit rating if that happens.

If we stay in the customs union and make a deal then it should generate growth and stability. Again my opinion.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
We don't have many hard facts just opinions on the future here Moscow. It's all predictions at the moment until we have a decision from the Government & EU. If you have a counter opinion state it instead of being constantly abusive with no material argument yourself.

Companies are speculating on what will happen. They are putting their chips on the betting table. Some moving here, most relocating to mainland Europe. For example Unilever moved to the Netherlands around the same time.

ReLX's HQ was already in London so it was fake news, they were just consolidating their corporate structure. They appear to have a strong presence in the US and as a publisher of journals their work is not EU dependent. It's more worrying that businesses are moving out of the UK. A colleague's son was made redundant recently for that reason. He worked for a global fund management company that relocated. He had a choice of going to NY to work but turned it down.
Again, more rubbish. I have to say it as I see it and your posts are full of guesses, conjecture , crystal ball gazing and a stubborn refusal to accept you are wrong.

Your fear mongering about not funding the NHS was definitive and a statement of fact.

You should use the correct language if you don't want your posts attacked You should alsolearn to recognise an attack that is on you personally and one which is about the piffle you expound.

There's a difference.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You don't have any hard facts for your opinions on Brexit Julie.

But as for the NHS it's not sustainable in its current form and it won't exist in this form Brexit or not in the long term. But if we exit without a deal then the long term will be shorter. That's my opinion based on our current through the roof borrowing and the cost of having to deal with a shock to our economy from a no deal with no plan & the effect on our credit rating if that happens.

If we stay in the customs union and make a deal then it should generate growth and stability. Again my opinion.
I'm not generating fear annie, I have said on many occasions mine are opinions i don't pretend I know exactly what is going to happen I just have hope.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Another pointless diatribe without any point being made. Or are you just looking for another love in from the rest of your cronies?

Or are you saying that those people who wished to remain are the only ones who told lies? Let me just remind you of a few.

£350m per week will go to NHS,
there are countries queuing up to do trade deals with us, immigrants take our jobs,
the economy will boom,

We send £350m a week to Brussels
We can’t stop Turkey joining
We can’t stop a European army
We are still liable to pay eurozone bailouts
The UK rebate can be changed against our will
Our VAT exemptions will be ended
Cameron’s deal was not legally binding
EU law is adopted by unelected bureaucrats
We can’t control our borders in the EU
Criminals arriving in Germany can get EU passports and come over here
Health tourism costs us billions
EU needs UK trade more than vice versa
Past referendum results have been ignored
Auditors still refuse to sign off the accounts
CAP adds £400 to British food bills
British steel suffers because of the EU
Irish border will be unaffected by Brexit
UK can’t deport EU criminals
UK is always outvoted
60-70% of laws come from EU
Renationalisation of industries is impossible
We get no veto on future treaty change or integration
The budget ceiling can increase without our consent
We thought we were only joining a free trade zone

Oh and I'm still waiting for the questions you want answering seeing as you accused me of not having any.
What an utterly pointless post from an utterly pointless contributor!
Moscow
Scotland

04-11-2018, 12:28 PM

I'm not generating fear annie, I have said on many occasions mine are opinions i don't pretend I know exactly what is going to happen I just have hope.
Exactly, and at least we are prepared to make the future work and not disappear into our shells a wailin' and a greetin' about how unfair it is that my cosy little world is a changin' !
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Again, more rubbish. I have to say it as I see it and your posts are full of guesses, conjecture , crystal ball gazing and a stubborn refusal to accept you are wrong.

Your fear mongering about not funding the NHS was definitive and a statement of fact.

You should use the correct language if you don't want your posts attacked You should alsolearn to recognise an attack that is on you personally and one which is about the piffle you expound.

There's a difference.
I see once again you have no points to make just personal criticism as usual.

As for the NHS the information on that is not new. Most of the NHS hospitals are in deficit and services are affected. Social care is a mess. It will only get worse with an ageing population. If we cannot keep borrowing we won't be able to fund it.

It has been reported that Hammond made it clear his budget was contingent on a deal being reached and that he will need to scrap it and go back to the drawing board if there is no deal.

Perhaps you have some hard facts yourself?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

04-11-2018, 12:37 PM

I am not generating fear either Julie. I am stating my opinions based on what I believe based on the information available. That's what we all do here. I only hope that common sense prevails and they reach an agreement.

I cannot see anyone here explaining how we will end up happily ever in the immediate years following a no deal. As we already have record levels of borrowing I'd love to see some more opinions on that. Particularly if our credit rating falls These are Moody's predictions from Sept. :

https://www.moodys.com/research/Mood...cal--PR_388844
Moscow
Scotland

04-11-2018, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Did you mean, Oh there are those people about. NO NEED TO SAY MORE
No, I meant to say what I said in EXACTLY the way I said it.

It is perfectly good English and you are obviously so completely up your own Arse you actually thought you were scoring some sort of intellectual point.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 12:39 PM

Only read the first line and found it a lie itsme, they never said it would go to the nhs they said it could and if you look at the last few months that has more than happened anyway. Much more than the amount suggested has been announced as a fact to go to the nhs.

Urm, a good point, although some may suggest that splitting hairs is not particularly helpful.
The actual wording on the side of the bus was 'lets fund our NHS instead' Now if that isn't suggesting that the money would go to the NHS I don't know what is.

Yeh great that the NHS is to receive some if not all of the money it has lost over the years.

Non of which, by the way had anything to do with the EU.

Page 30 of 40 « First < 20 28 29 30 31 32 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top