Join for free
Page 38 of 40 « First < 28 36 37 38 39 40 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 09:04 AM

Re: EU Swindle Of The Century

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
They gave nursing higher pay and created Modern matrons and more senior nursing grades to give nurses more responsibility and take pressure of doctors. But they must have non graduate jobs for ancillary staff and more junior grades. I met a district nurse on holiday and she had worked her way up after training on a bursary. She was from Nigeria. Lots of people come here to train because they need to fill the posts and taking away the bursary will make that less appealing.
Yes and I meet young people wanting to go into nursing but can't afford to. It's ridiculous. Our trainee midwife/husband is training with childbirth trust they pay his way, but he has to work for them after for several years. Seems fair but why didn't nhs do that instead of simply taking away bursaries ?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Yes and I meet young people wanting to go into nursing but can't afford to. It's ridiculous. Our trainee midwife/husband is training with childbirth trust they pay his way, but he has to work for them after for several years. Seems fair but why didn't nhs do that instead of simply taking away bursaries ?
As I understand it, the decision was not one made by the NHS but the Government. Of course it affects the people born here who want to be nurses the most. It didn't just affect nursing but many other courses.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Yes Annie, but you failed to mention why! he politely said it was because of all the sh..t being thrown at him by the remainder desparados.. I see the Innocent until Guilty doesn't come into it YET AGAIN! You are picking up the EU's dirty habits very quickly.
There you go again SG sticking in a disparaging comment when it is not needed, and that after whinging about me. Double standards again.

The reason in my view that Arron Banks said he would now vote remain is because he has now realized that his insurance business will be affected by the restriction on services once we leave the EU. Just an excuse that he blames the government.

I see Sophie Jarvis head of public relations at the Adam Smith Institute has now admitted she should have voted REMAIN.

I'm still waiting for those questions flower!!
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 10:39 AM

[QUOTE=shropshiregirl;1562021]
Originally Posted by itsme ->

Sorry, I didn't get that. I don't speak idiot!

What is it you ALLEGEDLY don't understand? perfectly simple me thinks.

Still no questions eh? wonder why?
itsme
Wigan UK

06-11-2018, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
I'll not waste my time on that . It's quite obvious you believe any claim that suits your agenda. Even the one you admitted to Julie was false, yet you quote it anyway!

Not one of your list has anything to do with why I voted to Leave so tbh I couldn't give a hoot if you can prove any of your claims, despite most of them being ridiculous.

Tbh it seems like you're simply desperate at being on the wrong side of history and that grates with your innate arrogance and sense of entitlement.

So I guess you just tossed a coin then eh?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
There you go again SG sticking in a disparaging comment when it is not needed, and that after whinging about me. Double standards again.

The reason in my view that Arron Banks said he would now vote remain is because he has now realized that his insurance business will be affected by the restriction on services once we leave the EU. Just an excuse that he blames the government.

I see Sophie Jarvis head of public relations at the Adam Smith Institute has now admitted she should have voted REMAIN.

I'm still waiting for those questions flower!!
But that clearly wasn't what he was saying, the man has been pilloried for his stance on brexit, he's had death threats and has had about enough of it all. We voted out we have all been called more names because of that than I've ever witnessed about any other decision we ever made. I don't regret it but I do sometimes now wonder if it was worth it, if we are going to be stuck half in and half out was it really worth all this name calling and threats ?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
But that clearly wasn't what he was saying, the man has been pilloried for his stance on brexit, he's had death threats and has had about enough of it all. We voted out we have all been called more names because of that than I've ever witnessed about any other decision we ever made. I don't regret it but I do sometimes now wonder if it was worth it, if we are going to be stuck half in and half out was it really worth all this name calling and threats ?
I agree with you, Julia.

If the powers that be, along with the treacherous remainers, had just accepted a fair and democratic decision, there would have been far less falling out and the Brexit procedure could have been carried out quickly and efficiently. THEY are the ones responsible for any problems and damage done to the country, yet are very quick to accuse others.

Of course, I include amongst the 'treacherous remainers' many politicians and, of course, Treason May. The woman is ridiculously stupid in what she is doing, as her actions will undoubtedly lead to the Conservative Party suffering for years to come.

Of course, those politicians and civil servants who are doing their best to turn around the Brexit procedure are doing so for their own personal benefit and also that of their 'mates' in big business.

The people will not quickly forget them.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 02:33 PM

Unfortunately JBR They Will
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

06-11-2018, 04:38 PM

I'm not normally a fan of Julia but she's very right on this

Taken from twitter

Julia Hartley-Brewer

@JuliaHB1

In a rush?! We had to wait 41 years for a referendum, two general elections after one was actually promised, it’s now TWO AND A HALF YEARS since we voted to leave the EU and we *still* haven’t left. So, forgive us if we’d like to get on with this democratic decision now, Brian.
Quote Tweet
Brian Cox

@ProfBrianCox
This is why the Brexiteers are in a rush.
(link: https://twitter.com/europeelects/sta...74486121492481)
twitter.com/europeelects/s…
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 04:49 PM

Lemmings are always in a rush as well.

Page 38 of 40 « First < 28 36 37 38 39 40 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top