Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 11:26 PM

Re: Billy Connolly, Coming to the End.

Originally Posted by galty ->
Did post a post about that....but deleted it.

After his disgusting so called joke were the audance boo him and he told the to FO be glad to see the back of the scum bag
I am not familiar with the joke mentioned & confess I am not a fan of the Big Yin.
However, it seems rather unfair to write him off over it
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 11:29 PM

Yep, there is much unexplained vitriol, when folks have not met, face to face.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 11:30 PM

Or maybe they have?
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I stand in awe of your hidden depths compared to my justly self effacing transparent shallows
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

03-01-2019, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Non est paper tigris
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

03-01-2019, 11:47 PM

Some folks are players, some are serious, god help us, or them.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2019, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I am not familiar with the joke mentioned & confess I am not a fan of the Big Yin.
However, it seems rather unfair to write him off over it
Sorry but to my mind don't think its unfair at all.

What he did was disgusting.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2019, 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Sorry but to my mind don't think its unfair at all.

What he did was disgusting.
Have to agree with Galty what he said was disgusting,

Ken Bigleys life was in the balance with some murderer with a knife or sword waiting to cut the poor guys head off and the scum bag conelly makes a joke about it ..!

That is extreme pond life and just goes to show the type of person he really is.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 05:32 PM

Saw the documentary about Connolly on TV last night (Made In Scotland).

Interesting to watch but quite sad too.

There's a kind of desperation to my mind when after all these years a guy still has to use foul language as a way to shock people and "entertain". I mean after all these years you'd think he would have developed towards a more interesting form of comedy, but seems not. Just same old.

Of all the comedians of his time he was not really one that gelled with me. His humour was just too low level, un-engaging and devoid of depth.
My comedy heroes were the great Ronnie Barker, Dave Allen, Monty Python and, though they were a little before my time, I still came to love the irreplaceable Peter Cooke and Dudley Moore.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Saw the documentary about Connolly on TV last night (Made In Scotland).

Interesting to watch but quite sad too.

There's a kind of desperation to my mind when after all these years a guy still has to use foul language as a way to shock people and "entertain". I mean after all these years you'd think he would have developed towards a more interesting form of comedy, but seems not. Just same old.

Of all the comedians of his time he was not really one that gelled with me. His humour was just too low level, un-engaging and devoid of depth.
My comedy heroes were the great Ronnie Barker, Dave Allen, Monty Python and, though they were a little before my time, I still came to love the irreplaceable Peter Cooke and Dudley Moore.
Oh, they never swore did they? Remember their alter-egos Derek & Clive?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top