Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Rowan
New Member!
Edinburgh, UK
Rowan is female 

11-06-2013, 08:43 PM

And another newbie

Hi ... I'm going to play about with icons a bit though I've no idea what this message will look like.

Anyway ... I'm new and have absolutely no idea what to expect. I don't much like being over 50, but the one thing I've realised is that if I don't do things now, I may never get another chance to do it, whatever it is.

I've got a rather strange sense of humour and am also - to my irritation - very shy. It's a weird combination, but I'm working on having more to do in the evenings than flop down on the sofa and watch tv!

Now to play with some more icons (honestly, I don't normally do it) ...
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2013, 08:52 PM

Re: And another newbie

Hello, welcome, we're all nice here, you'll like it!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2013, 08:58 PM

Hello Rowan welcome, I look forward to chatting with you.

Ps the Smiley you are using is called an 'angry face'.
Rowan
New Member!
Edinburgh, UK
Rowan is female 

11-06-2013, 09:02 PM

Say friend

You're Number 1 to speak to me - in fact, I'm still watching Robson Green fishing (in pouring rain) in Japan! I think it's his enthusiasm I like best, because I'm certainly not interested in fishing at all in general rule, except to eat it, of course.

If he can put up with such extreme conditions (so rainy that Mount Fujiyama was totally invisible), then I can go out for a run round the local park, I suppose ... after a close, humid day, the clouds are finally beginning to clear.
Rowan
New Member!
Edinburgh, UK
Rowan is female 

11-06-2013, 09:07 PM

Say friend

An angry icon? Shows just how little I know about icons, actually I thought it was kind of cute.

I'd better get off for the evening walk, then I can do some cooking (maybe). I have parsley and chives on the front balcony (grown from seed!), but they seem so happy, I'm a bit reluctant to cut them. But they'll taste great.

Look forward to hearing more from you.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2013, 09:13 PM

Hello Rowan, welcome to the forum. Plenty of folks here have a strange sense of humour, most times you'd need one to make sense of things.
Rowan
New Member!
Edinburgh, UK
Rowan is female 

11-06-2013, 09:23 PM

Say friend

I like your icon, Jem. I didn't know what to use for mine, as I don't photograph very well, so should have been imaginative like your one.

My feeling is that it's better to laugh than cry.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2013, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Rowan ->
Say friend

An angry icon? Shows just how little I know about icons, actually I thought it was kind of cute.

I'd better get off for the evening walk, then I can do some cooking (maybe). I have parsley and chives on the front balcony (grown from seed!), but they seem so happy, I'm a bit reluctant to cut them. But they'll taste great.

Look forward to hearing more from you.
Rowan the more you snip the chives the more they will grow .
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2013, 09:39 PM

"My feeling is that it's better to laugh than cry."
It sure is Rowan, there's enough misery in the World to cry about, grab a laugh whenever you can, that's what I say.
That horse on the avatar is of Arkle the famous racehorse, my son painted it for me years ago for my birthday, I like horses.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2013, 09:48 PM

Hi Rowan a very warm welcome to the forum!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top