Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Young Simmo
Carnarvon West Aust
Young Simmo is male  Young Simmo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2013, 12:40 PM

Re: A Fresh Start

Actually the page said, max size 218 pixel by 218 pixel and I reduced mine down to 218 X 205 pixels. Maybe I am not pushing the right buttons after I download it. I click browse, find the photo and dbl click it and it shows up on the page. I then click save changes and then that is when I get the failed message. The instructions on the page also say max 29.3 KB and my photo is only14.7 KB. Oh well I will keep working on it and hope somebody can tell me what I am doing wrong.
Young Simmo
Carnarvon West Aust
Young Simmo is male  Young Simmo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2013, 12:51 PM

OK My BOO, BOO, I was in " Upload photo profile" instead of "Upload pic in posts avatar". Sometimes it might take a little longer for a 73 year old but we don't give up.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2013, 01:37 PM

Hello Simmo - welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy chatting here

Most of us struggle with photos to begin with (and some of fail to progress any futher than avatar )
Young Simmo
Carnarvon West Aust

20-07-2013, 01:50 PM

G'day ben-varrey. Yeh, these things can be a challenge but I enjoy that part, and don't usually give in too easily. I spend a lot of time on this Aussie site, http://www.yourlifechoices.com.au/ . They send out a newsletter each day and that starts a new line of comments. It is not unusual to have half a dozen subjects going at a time, and that is my excuse for not getting off my computer and doing something useful. This is just one of many examples.
http://www.yourlifechoices.com.au/ne...comment-104807 .
Cheers...Simmo.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2013, 02:06 PM

G'day to you too Cobber (not sure if you're a Cobber or what one is really) - my brother lives in W Australia and he's said it a few times!
Young Simmo
Carnarvon West Aust

20-07-2013, 02:12 PM

ben-varrey , Cobber can be your Mate, Buddy, Friend, Pal or your neighbour, workmate or anybody except the Tax Man.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

20-07-2013, 02:20 PM

I'm pleased to hear it - slang can often get you into trouble without realising it. I told someone on the Island once that people from Peel are known as Gobbags; now although that is Manx for dogfish, the locals translate it as 'little fish with a big mouth' and it's definitely an insult. This man owned a hardware shop in Peel and started greeting his Peel customers with 'good morning Gobbag'

I did put him right about it though
Young Simmo
Carnarvon West Aust

20-07-2013, 02:33 PM

Yes ben, it is a funny world (sometimes). Us Aussies are direct descendants from England, yet over only 250 years we have developed our own ways and ideas. Most of the time we like you Pommies, except when we give you the Ashes on a platter. Just joking, COBBER.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

20-07-2013, 02:46 PM

I don't watch cricket so I can afford to be generous about that now if you played football that might be a bit different
zoolady100
Warkworth, Canada
zoolady100 is female 

20-07-2013, 04:38 PM

Hello John, I'm brand new here too & already feel like I've been here forever (that's a 'good' thing by the way )

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top