Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2013, 02:43 AM

Re: 9/11

I too was thinking about 11 September today and it was a dreadful event in our history but, we here in the UK seem to have forgotten what happened on 7 July 2005 and 21 July, and nobody has put up a memorial for that, and that saddens me.

Have you forgotten this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/...ns/default.stm

Also, two weeks later on 21 July?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2013, 07:07 AM

No I haven't forgotten but I wonder if this is because we are not American, for America this was a huge shock, for us we have been through bombings by the IRA etc previously so we just pick ourselves up and get on with it. This is not an anti American post just pointing out the differences between the nations in this matter, neither position is necessarily right or wrong.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2013, 12:17 PM

You are so right Julie... We Americans have never had a foreign attack on our soil before. You have had lots of them. And of course, knocking 2 giant Skyscrapers down and killing 3,000 people was surely one hellava attack. I'm certainly not minimizing what Britain has been through over the last 100+ years, as any attack where people die is horrible, but it certainly did shock the hell out of Americans to have it happen here. We have been pretty sheltered by our geopgraphy... we also had no idea on earth that anyone could hate us like the extremists do. That in itself was shocking to most of us.
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

13-09-2013, 09:18 AM

I dont think you could make a comparison between terrorist attacks in the USA and Gt Britain,if you mean the IRA?
3000 Britains were never murdered in one hit anywhere in the UK,i think the biggest IRA bomb in Belfast in the 70's killed 22 civilians,I am sure they have a memorial for the dead in Ireland.
If 3000 Britains where murdered in London by jet planes flying into London then Britain would have a day of mourning and a memorial.
Compared to 9/11 the rest of the western world has not suffered by terrorist attack!
Australia lost a lot of people in the Bali Bombings in 2002,88 Australians were killed by Muslim Terrorists,Britains and other Europeans too.
No 3000 innocent civilians murdered by Muslim Terrorists is a big deal.

Billy
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2013, 09:34 AM

I wasn't in any way comparing it ! I would never compare such a tragedy against another !
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

13-09-2013, 11:16 PM

I know that Julie,3000 dead civilians is pretty unforgetable,Bali,London and elsewere,all caused by religion,or religious beliefs,but its a fact that most of it is perpetrated by Muslims,that fact cant be hidden,we have these idiots getting asylum from Syria,Iran, etc etc and they just want Aussie citizenship,not to conform to our way of life,tjey just want a bit of paper that stops them being deported if they play up here,its a con,a big scam.
An Australian/Syrian just blew himself up in Syria as a suicide bomber?
Now he came here they say to get away from the wars and fighting but go back to kill and maim,in the name of Allah! What a joke that is,anyone who leaves Australia to fight in another country other than Australian Armed Forces on official Gov'mint business should be stripped of citizenship when they leave here.
We dont want them here with their centuries old clan disputes and violence,but every where you go now its Muslims stirring the pot,not Christians or Jews but Muslims?
All Muslims are not terrorists,but all terrorists are Muslims! thats fact,what they did in America is unforgivable,all Muslims are to be treated with caution,the UK like Europe is going to get a big shock in the next 50 years,thankfully we wont be here to cop it.

Billy
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2013, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by billsteamshovel ->

If 3000 Britains where murdered in London by jet planes flying into London then Britain would have a day of mourning and a memorial.

No 3000 innocent civilians murdered by Muslim Terrorists is a big deal.

Billy
No even the Germans never achieved that.

It took them a lot longer to do it than a day.

Anyone know how many innocent civilians Londoners were killed in the first Blitz 1940/1941???

30K is the answer and no day of mourning for them or the other thousands who died in other cities.

One point of interest the IRAs last bomb in England was in August 2001
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

15-09-2013, 11:05 PM

I dont know about London but i know there where a lot in Dresden,Hiroshima and Nagasaki,but not by flying two fully loaded jets full of civilians into a skyscraper full of people,America was not involved in a World War in 2001?

The USA has every right to honour their murdered citizens,and not have a pack of tribal Muslims stick it in their faces in the guise of peace brother!

Thats a con,its crap and should of been banned,they stopped the Harley Davidson riders Association having their 1 million Harley run but allowed a political Muslim group to do it.

PC gone mad,we can let Muslim terrorists blow us up but you get called a racist if you condemn it,Pretty wierd stuff that.Let them have a rally to celebrate the cold blooded murder of 3000 people? Wierd!

Billy
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

15-09-2013, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
You are so right Julie... We Americans have never had a foreign attack on our soil before. You have had lots of them. And of course, knocking 2 giant Skyscrapers down and killing 3,000 people was surely one hellava attack. I'm certainly not minimizing what Britain has been through over the last 100+ years, as any attack where people die is horrible, but it certainly did shock the hell out of Americans to have it happen here. We have been pretty sheltered by our geopgraphy... we also had no idea on earth that anyone could hate us like the extremists do. That in itself was shocking to most of us.
You are so right Audrey,3000 civilians murdered in one hit,people swan diving to the pavement from the top floors to save being burned alive,I have never seen or heard anything like that before,it was cowardly,the IRA bombings in the UK pale into insignificance compared to the Twin Towers,I mean 3000 civilians in one day!
No other country copped that,the UK had a lot of IRA bombs going off but i think the most killed in one go was 11? not 3000,the IRA has nothing on Muslim Terrorists when it comes to mass murder,88 Australians were murdered in Bali in one hit,there were 202 dead,all Americans have a right to mourn their dead,they are not war casualties but murdered in cold blood by Muslim Terrorists,then they are allowed to demonstrate on the anniversary of 9/11 because they feel like victims? Its crap,total crap,should be banned.

Billy
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2013, 05:39 PM

Today the 15/9 is Battle of Britian Day.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top