Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2013, 12:22 PM

Re: Time to yourself.

Well being on my own I have as much time on my own as I want, in fact it is all of it . What I do with it would be telling though . Nah, nothing sinister, more is the pity.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2013, 01:33 PM

If I'm the only one in the house, I put on some Pink Floyd or Wishbone Ash, crank up the volume and get out my 'air guitar'.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2013, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes Ania, I could "potter for England" I think.
I agree with you about the piano too. - very therapeutic. I had one as a child, but wouldn't be able to afford one now.
Pity about the piano, Mups. I've been extraordinarily fortunate recently in that a friend has actually given me her piano!! I wasn't sure whether I could afford one or not, when this one fell into my lap. Sadly, she can no longer play it since having a stroke a couple of years ago and she desperately wanted it to be loved and played, so I am a very very lucky person.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2013, 05:48 PM

I enjoy being alone.. I like puttering around, doing this and that around the house.. and talking to myself.. Only I talk to the dogs and cats.. so I guess it's not really talking to myself.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2013, 08:23 PM

When I have a moment to myself I crack open the whisky (OK - I do that regardless!), light up a nice cigar and reminisce about old times. Nothing more than that really... Sometimes I'll stick a record on to help jog the memories, but apart from that I'm easily pleased.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2013, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
When I have a moment to myself I crack open the whisky (OK - I do that regardless!), light up a nice cigar and reminisce about old times. Nothing more than that really... Sometimes I'll stick a record on to help jog the memories, but apart from that I'm easily pleased.
I like to do that - the bit about cracking open a bottle of whisky - but I am getting it in the neck a bit for doing so. I reckon my best ideas come to me after a few glasses (small I hasten to add) of something or other but others tend to think one has a drink problem. At the end of the day when one is tired surely you are allowed a drink or 2? Not sure I can imagine a life being totally sober anymore? What is that all about ?
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2013, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Whilst sitting in Belfast George Best airport yesterday awaiting my flight was 'people watching'. Saw one or two 'sights', f'r instance watched a large woman climbing the steps up into the airplane - as she walked across the apron towards the staircase, her rear end looked like it was chewing a toffee. I couldn't help but smile to myself.

"her rear end looked like it was chewing a toffee"

UJ, that made me laugh out loud, what a splendid description.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top