Join for free
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2013, 10:08 PM

Random Photos

After viewing some members Random Photos, it struck me that some folks went to great lengths as far back as 2009 to set up an account, and provide photographic evidence of a life, and memories, then that was it, no more communication, why would that be?.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2013, 11:13 PM

Re: Random Photos

Could be anything SF - dunno, ask 'em.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2013, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
After viewing some members Random Photos, it struck me that some folks went to great lengths as far back as 2009 to set up an account, and provide photographic evidence of a life, and memories, then that was it, no more communication, why would that be?.
Paul if it gave the members satisfaction to post about themselves at the time that is the main thing isn't it.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2013, 07:08 AM

Some people are shy and maybe signed on with hopes some one would notice them and talk to them, maybe to shy to start a thread or join one already started, when that ddnt happen they probally stopped looking in.
I know more talkative people like you and I dont have these problems, but I have spoken to people who have done this, so next time you see a newbie who hasnt spoken yet go and say hello and invite them in to a thread ... it might work
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2013, 07:30 AM

I don't know why either but I do love the random photos. I now know peoples dogs and cats without looking at the name of the contributor, Alans wildlife etc, so it is a good thing to have on a site.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2013, 08:20 AM

I have put some photos in my albums but have never seen them appear in the 'random' spot - is there something special I should have done?

It is, of course, possible that they have appeared at times when I have not been on line.

Just being curious!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2013, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I have put some photos in my albums but have never seen them appear in the 'random' spot - is there something special I should have done?

It is, of course, possible that they have appeared at times when I have not been on line.

Just being curious!

Yes darlin' - your photos are appearing - particularly those you took at York Transport museum showing Mallard and Sir Nigel Gresly steam locos - these were on show only yesterday.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2013, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

Just being curious!
I think that it's all chance Tabby, but the more you have in your albums the better the odds I would guess....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2013, 11:44 AM

There are plenty of things that can happen to a person in a week never mind a few years, things we will never know about.
I too believe there are a lot of shy members who need that little effort to post and I know everyone does their best to encourage them, threads are open for everyone so don't be shy folks, have your say now.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top