Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2013, 12:10 PM

Swearing ....

How old where you when you first swore ???...
What was the word ??? .. Did your parents think
it was cute and laugh or did you get a
good wallop for it ?....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2013, 12:13 PM

Re: Swearing ....

I think I was about 15 got a right wallop for it too, never used the "F" word since or any other either.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2013, 12:20 PM

I can't remember ever getting into trouble for swearing. I probably didn't learn to swear until later in life.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2013, 12:39 PM

Dont recall swearing but Hubs made me laugh telling me when he was just 5 years old he went 'Hopping' in Kent (hop picking) with his parents, lots of cockney folk there and he picked up a couple of swear words, one day he exclaimed 'Wheres the f...ing tractor !' To his Mums horror of course .....
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2013, 12:41 PM

Think I was in my first year at secondary school ... an all girls school.
Don't remember what the initial word was but my friends and I made a point of swearing as often as possible and LOUDLY

Gave up some years later and became quite prim for a while, until I started having to work to a deadline !!! It became par for the course but I have never, to this day, sworn in front of parents and the like.

My late OH and our close friends think nothing of it and I am gratified to say that my latest friend and I spend a good deal of time effing and blinding

I view it as good sport and find it both refreshing and relaxing.

It also makes me laugh
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2013, 12:41 PM

I must have said something really bad when I was very young as I remember having soap put in my mouth for swearing. How cruel was that? It certainly stuck in my mind as I never swore again............. until recently when I seem to have developed the habit!! All very mild though. Mainly aimed at motorists and hubby!

I would never ever say the F words. If I ever have to type it for whatever reason I use these **** !!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2013, 12:43 PM

Can't remember getting in trouble for swearing as I never did it in front of my mother and father but I do remember being laughed at when asking to see a Grand Prix meeting on the TV. As you can imagine I said it as it looks - Grand Pricks . Took a while before I could understand what all the joviality was about - doh.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2013, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
gratified to say that my latest friend and I spend a good deal of time effing and blinding

I view it as good sport and find it both refreshing and relaxing.

It also makes me laugh
Mixing with a right ruffian are you .
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2013, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Can't remember getting in trouble for swearing as I never did it in front of my mother an father but I do remember being laughed at when asking to see a Grand Prix meeting on the TV. As you can imagine I said it as it looks - Grand Pricks . Took a while before I could understand what all the joviality was about - doh.
I remember a little girl presenter saying the same thing on TV !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2013, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
I must have said something really bad when I was very young as I remember having soap put in my mouth for swearing. How cruel was that? It certainly stuck in my mind as I never swore again............. until recently when I seem to have developed the habit!! All very mild though. Mainly aimed at motorists and hubby!

I would never ever say the F words. If I ever have to type it for whatever reason I use these **** !!
Eww I remember the soap too but that was for not owning up to some misdemeanour, my gran was very forgiving if you fessed up but incandescent with rage if she thought you were telling lies or hiding things from her.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top