Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2013, 02:32 PM

Re: Swearing ....

Yes, it's like we said on here a while back, the modern comedians are the worse, it gets on my nerves.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2013, 02:33 PM

I think they've all got a bloomin cheek, thinking we 'all' wanna hear it !
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2013, 03:43 PM

A 79 yr old friend says "and 2 fingers to you,matey" which really tickles me. My Nan never swore but I hated it when she called me a donkey. If I said Blimey Mum said "you'll say it one day and he will". Bugger was regarded as a mild swear word "Really??" I wonder why since it must have meant the same then as now.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2013, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
You are gal - its come to me rescue a few times - have to admit .....
Hate the overuse of it tho' ... so very rarely say the blasted word .....
It loses it's impact if it's used in every sentence.. It has to be reserved for only the very most important of times and for the most maddening issues... THEN when it's used correctly.... it's magnificent!!

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2013, 04:42 PM

Gawd - what a blast !!
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2013, 04:47 PM

I think I was about 15 what I first swore and did get a good wallop for it!!

I now swear quite a lot to be honest, but try not to around people who don't like it or children.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2013, 05:39 PM

The first time I got in trouble for swearing ...I hadnt but my mum use to mis-hear everything , we were watching a Betty Davis film and I was sat on the floor in front of my mums chair . Betty came in wearing a fur coat all swanky like and I said ohh fruity.... my mum wacked my head nearly clean off !!! I asked wot was that for ... and she said I said the other F word but I never did.
I never swore until I started work even then it was put on ... I have never really sworn never seen a need for it ....
When I get fed up with people I tend to say Oh for gods sake !!! is that swearing ?
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2013, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
I think I was about 15 what I first swore and did get a good wallop for it!!

I now swear quite a lot to be honest, but try not to around people who don't like it or children.
I try not to BE around children..
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2013, 06:03 PM

My mother would say swearing is a lack of vocabulary ...
When she passed away.. I was 33 years old .. for some reason ...
I constantly swore ..As soon as I realized .. I was swearing for no reason I stopped .. I think I was rebelling because she died ..The mind does funny things ..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

22-09-2013, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
The first time I got in trouble for swearing ...I hadnt but my mum use to mis-hear everything , we were watching a Betty Davis film and I was sat on the floor in front of my mums chair . Betty came in wearing a fur coat all swanky like and I said ohh fruity.... my mum wacked my head nearly clean off !!! I asked wot was that for ... and she said I said the other F word but I never did.
I never swore until I started work even then it was put on ... I have never really sworn never seen a need for it ....
When I get fed up with people I tend to say Oh for gods sake !!! is that swearing ?
Love the story Bags - Ooo fruity .... Fab !

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top