Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2013, 10:51 AM

Re: Paypal service

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Sort of what we have already said it's great for buying but bad for receiving money. When you receive money they hold it for a while so you can't get at it and they charge like a wounded bull for you to get payments. If you are not a seller and are just buying you don't pay anything.

Also better to register a credit card with them and let them have your phone number etc or they will only give you a limited account which stops a lot of activity.
I'm intrigued by this. I haven't used them for some years now but I only used them when I was selling off stuff from my old house. At that time, they charged you if you wanted to transfer less than £25 from them, but didn't charge if the transfer amount was more than that. Have the rules changed?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2013, 10:57 AM

I use Paypal a lot mainly for buying things but also for selling on Ebay.
I find it quick and easy to use and it means if I am buying from a new source I don't need to fill in lots of details address/card number etc just confirm the amount.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2013, 12:54 AM

Have a look at this site too. It mirrors my very bad experience with them. Putting you straight into the hands of a debt company for a relatively minor amount when you are not guilty is not my idea of good practice.

http://www.paypalsucks.com/
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2013, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I'm intrigued by this. I haven't used them for some years now but I only used them when I was selling off stuff from my old house. At that time, they charged you if you wanted to transfer less than £25 from them, but didn't charge if the transfer amount was more than that. Have the rules changed?
If you sell something they take about 3% of the money before they even start to calculate what they charge for you to get at the money.

You can transfer to friends etc for free and pay for things for free all charges start when you sell something or try to get your money back into your bank account.
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2013, 11:32 AM

I have had money back into my account from paypal from things I've sold, not noticed them charging for that though. Only charge on money received into paypal.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top