Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2010, 10:27 PM

Re: Is there any hope for mankind?

We're edging slowly that way in the States: the Hispanic birthrate (largest minority group) is robust, ad there are more and more people checking the multi-racial box in the latest Census. Interracial marriage is quite common compared to a few generations ago, and Caucasians will be a minority probably by 2050. Yet we still can't seem to get along.....
june1958
Lancashire
june1958 is female  june1958 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2010, 10:58 AM

It's a tribal, primitive urge to conquer, we cannot live in peace because we need to spread our culture far and wide, and the strongest tribe (country) will rule the world.
If that were not the case, there would be no one in the year 2010 dying of hunger or thirst or lack of basic medical support. We live in a world of greed and excess, we like it that way, we don't want to share equally because it is a weakness, and tribally we have to be the superiors.
I doubt we will ever survive long enough to evolve into a peaceful love thy neighbours world
Ironically, Countries are spending billions trying to figure out the Universe and if there is life out in space (God help us, I can remember scientists wanting to drop a H bomb on the moon to ''see what would happen'') I hope they never find any other form of life, that would be a case of let's try destroying anything in the Universe that might look like a threat too!!

June x
june1958
Lancashire
june1958 is female  june1958 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2010, 11:09 AM

[QUOTE=Old git;63821]Face it-horror weapons go back a long way. Arrows were dipped in shit so as to kill by infection if not fatal on impact.

Yes, this is true, I have experienced this quite a lot of the years

June x
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2010, 02:07 PM

You put it very well June, greed is the key word and unfortunately it is part of Human nature and will always be there, some will always want more than the other.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2010, 02:22 PM

Are you saying that cupid`s little arrows that once maybe twanged the heart string turned out to be barbed and covered in shit??

There is hope-sometimes it takes a while to find out
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2010, 05:42 PM

Incidentally, those little arrows Leapy Lea sang about were not Cupid's, he served time in Prison and was refering to the little arrows on his Prison uniform.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2010, 05:52 PM

Now look my friend,this site is for normal people and you go on about Leapy Lea. I will defend your right but where will it end? before we know it some deranged loony will post the `Birdy song`

Surely a cruel and inhumane torture??
june1958
Lancashire

02-08-2010, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->

Are you saying that cupid`s little arrows that once maybe twanged the heart string turned out to be barbed and covered in shit??

There is hope-sometimes it takes a while to find out
Well, some people are full of it aren't they?? I wish I had known that in my youth, I would have carried a toilet roll around with me instead of a handbag lol
Did I mention those knives in the back? And they always seem to be in those hard to reach places!! lol

June x
The Tourist
Madison, Wisconsin
The Tourist is male  The Tourist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2010, 08:18 AM

I'm new here, and I'll tell you why I came. I sought you out.

I'm from Madison, Wisconsin. I am a motorcyclist, and an inactive member of a bike club. As such I usually join forums for other Harley riders.

Even among bike clubs we have noticed a disruptive influence. In fact, our former prez wanted older inactive members to come back and provide some stability. For the past few days this topic has been brewing in my forum, and it's getting old real fast.

I went to a search engine and tried to find places where older guys can disccuss hobbies, or beliefs or jobs and not have to face this constant whining and parsing. When bikers don't have the stomach to switch on a computer, there's a real problem.

I pretty much am retired. I started my own business sharpening high end kitchen knives with Japanese watersones. I have two Harleys, a customized Dyna and the new Sportster 48.

Is it too much to ask now just to have a nice place to go and talk with adults?--Chico
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2010, 01:13 PM

Welcome Chico. You speak in complete sentences and can spell. You're in! LOL I'm not going to spout any Harley jokes as the mark has been around a long time. I rode BMWs for 23 years before moving on to my 2008 Triumph Rocket III Touring. I too belonged to motorcycle clubs such as the BMWMOA & CMA.

I've found a comfortable home hear and on YO where I mix in with my second passion, photography. I've just retired and fill my days with riding a shooting on location. I am no longer a pro but rather share my travels on numerous forums making people aware of the beautiful Pacific Northwest where I live.

I hope you stick around and feel comfortable enough to share in our discussions affecting older and wiser folks.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top