Join for free
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2010, 09:52 PM

Home safe and well from Afghanistan.......

At last, the day has arrived when my Niece's hubby has returned home to Germany safe and well from Afghanistan. He arrived in the early hours of this morning much to the relief of us all. My Niece and the boys could hardly contain their excitement today. They are coming over to family next weekend and on 24 August a welcome home meal at a local restaurant has been arranged. He doesn't know anything about this so will come as a surprise. After being here for a week they are flying off to Spain for two weeks for a well deserved holiday. We are all so proud of him, and all his mates, and also very proud of my Niece for how she has coped whilst he has been away-must have been so difficult at times.

Although we are all so happy at his return, our thoughts go to those families whose loved ones have tragically lost their lives we are very proud of them all.........
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2010, 09:56 PM

Re: Home safe and well from Afghanistan.......

Glad he is home safe Merz. Like you, I feel for all those who have died
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2010, 10:10 PM

What a blessed relief for you all Merz. Will that be the last tour of duty he has to do over there?
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2010, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Glad he is home safe Merz. Like you, I feel for all those who have died
Thank you Azz....I also feel for those injured, some dreadfully....

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
What a blessed relief for you all Merz. Will that be the last tour of duty he has to do over there?
We're not quite sure yet whether he will have to go again....hopefully not-the past 6 and half months were bad enough. My Niece is hoping they will be posted to Cyprus because she'll feel like she's on permanent holiday
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2010, 07:43 AM

Glad he is safely back home with his loved ones.

I just wish all the rest of our lads and lasses could come home safe and sound NOW and leave Afganistan to its fate.
Secure our home shores and let the rest of the world go by.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2010, 10:09 AM

Aw that is great, Merz, so glad that he is home safe and well.

I agree with AB, it's time for our troops to be pulled home now, too many of our brave soldiers are being killed and for what! Afganistan should get on with it on their own.

Bless all the troops still there and thoughts to those who gallantly lost their lives, may they Rest in Peace.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2010, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Thank you Azz....I also feel for those injured, some dreadfully....

We're not quite sure yet whether he will have to go again....hopefully not-the past 6 and half months were bad enough. My Niece is hoping they will be posted to Cyprus because she'll feel like she's on permanent holiday
I hope the next posting will be Cyprus Merz. Best wishes for you and your family.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

19-08-2010, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Glad he is safely back home with his loved ones.

I just wish all the rest of our lads and lasses could come home safe and sound NOW and leave Afganistan to its fate.
Secure our home shores and let the rest of the world go by.
I am not sure if it is possible to let the rest of the world go by these days Antibrown.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

19-08-2010, 08:56 PM

Thank you AB and Brandykins...its such a relief that he is home.

It would be great if they all could come home, but don't think that will happen for some time yet unfortunately......

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top