Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2010, 07:48 AM

Thoughtful Thursday

I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys life because the alternative is like going into the unknown.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2010, 09:56 AM

Re: Thoughtful Thursday

Morning AB and Everyone. Hope you all enjoy your Thursday

Love the gif, AB

Take care
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2010, 09:58 AM

I'm enjoying every day of my retirement. I drove to join friends for breakfast and couldn't help notice the rush hour traffic jam all around me. Sure glad I'm not in the rat race anymore. I received my first unemployment check yesterday and was suprised that the state of Oregon hands out that much each week. I've set myself up to live on the $496 a week they give me forever. It just means going through life not creating bills. It can be done.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2010, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
I'm enjoying every day of my retirement. I drove to join friends for breakfast and couldn't help notice the rush hour traffic jam all around me. Sure glad I'm not in the rat race anymore. I received my first unemployment check yesterday and was suprised that the state of Oregon hands out that much each week. I've set myself up to live on the $496 a week they give me forever. It just means going through life not creating bills. It can be done.
Enjoy your Thursday Bobmelke. I am just about getting used to retirement (been a year now). Your $496 a week from Oregon state sounds very good - it is a lot more than the o.a.p. in this country. Without a private pension it is very hard to live on just a state pension in this country. Best wishes and enjoy.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2010, 12:24 PM

That does sound like a good pension Bob

Morning All - I can't believe it's Thursday already!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2010, 04:39 PM

Hi everyone! A lovely morning here now especially after yesterdays gloomy all day rain. It's 24 C (75 F) now and sunny with decreasing humidity. Nothing special on the agenda, had a lie in, chores and am waiting for the grocery delivery this afternoon.

Bob, it will be even better when you can draw your Social Security. I love retirement too.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2010, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Hi everyone! A lovely morning here now especially after yesterdays gloomy all day rain. It's 24 C (75 F) now and sunny with decreasing humidity. Nothing special on the agenda, had a lie in, chores and am waiting for the grocery delivery this afternoon.

Bob, it will be even better when you can draw your Social Security. I love retirement too.
I agree that it may get better because if I'm still able to draw unemployment when I turn 62 next May I'll be able, at least for a while, to draw them both at the same time. The key is to keep my overhead expenses low.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2010, 08:46 PM

Evening all - Glad your enjoying your retirement Bob-I love it.

Quite a busy day today- household jobs, walking then after dinner the sun came out so spent the afternoon in the garden doing some 'tidying up' jobs. Then went for another stroll........

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top