Join for free
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2010, 11:24 PM

Love thy neighbour?

The house across the road has been idle for the past 6 months...until today when a family of 4 moved in, husband, wife and 2 teenage girls. This is the 5th set of tenants in the past 3 years and I hope they have more luck than their predecessors. The problem seems to be the woman next door who can't get along with anybody who moves in beside her, I think if she lived next to a cemetery she'd complain about the noise. She's only living there 6 years herself and there was never any trouble with neighbours before she came. Maybe this time she'll meet her match and get back some of what she gives. I thank God I don't live beside her, if she's a moaning bitch at 35 I'm glad I won't be around when she's 65.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2010, 11:43 PM

Re: Love thy neighbour?

lol

I don't think I could cope with nasty neighbours! And how awful if she's being nasty to people who've only just moved in - she should be making them feel welcomed. :-/
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2010, 12:23 AM

im so glad I have none!! I pity those new people once the whingebag gets her teeth into them... Lets hope they wipe the floor with her!!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2010, 02:28 AM

Oh dear! Hope the new people won't be too bothered by the awful neighbor; that must be really horrid. I'm lucky, I live in the end row and my first neighbor when I moved in was quiet and pleasant; and now by great good fortune a friend bought the house.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2010, 07:37 AM

We have had 14 kids around us who have grown up over the years and never had any problems.
Two years ago a couple moved into the area and their kids should have ASBO's served on them.

I had a few words with the parents who are more interested in their own social life than their kids so this year I got the police out to them and hey ho! I think it has worked, the kids have been reasonably quiet for the last few months.

I suggest that someone has a word with the woman and points out the problem that she is causing.

Mind you, I do like peace and quiet and would complain if people living next to me were over the top with noise.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2010, 09:24 AM

At 35 she should be having parties and enjoying herself, not moaning about noise. I wonder what she is worried about. Does she live on her own.

We have lived in the same house for 25+ years and have had the same friendly neighbours for that time. We are now all getting older and everyone's children have grown and left home, so I imagine the close will start to change a bit soon.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2010, 09:30 PM

It must be awful living next door to someone like that. I am very very lucky with my next door neighbours. Have lived here approx. 17 years and we are friends more than neighbours. We look out for each other and help each other if needed. Couldn't wish for better neighbours........

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top