Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2010, 08:54 AM

Frivolous Friday

Good Morning everyone

I hopw that you all have a wonderful day and set yourself up for a hectic week-end.

Remember to make someone happy today by telling them how much they mean to you.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2010, 09:24 AM

Re: Frivolous Friday

Good Morning AB and Everyone. Hope you all enjoy Friday.

Take care and stay happy
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2010, 10:25 AM

I actually I might just go back to bed. It's 2:24 in the morning here. Have a great......... day.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2010, 02:10 PM

Blood test day today. I am lucky as my veins do not hide.

I still think the surgery phlebotomist knows a bit too much about me though-she keeps saying "just a little prick"
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2010, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->

I still think the surgery phlebotomist knows a bit too much about me though-she keeps saying "just a little prick"
Here they would say "Just a little poke".
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2010, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->

I wonder if that is Behavioural, Anatomical or just needling comments.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2010, 03:06 PM

Hello all, I've just spent a very pleasant week teaching a mixed group of teenagers the basics of jewellery making (using the hand files, sawing, and soldering).
They adapted well to the tasks and were very keen to learn, but if you are in any way awkward using your hands this is not the job for you, and I made that clear to them from the out set without offending anyone.
I had been asked by a former employer to select 4 from the 12 students for apprenticeships and I did not relish that part of it, however it had to be done and I forwarded the names of those I thought had the most promise, bid the rest of them good luck, collected my cheque and headed for the nearest boozer for a well earned pint of black.
The hand files can be a bit rough on the fingers until you get used to them and one young girl made me laugh when she commented, 'Jaysus! look at me nails! I'm a manicures nightmare'. A great bunch of kids, and I wish them all the luck in the World.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2010, 03:40 PM

Morning all - flooded friday here

Old washing machine died, new one came today - they went to install it and said the hot-top isn't needed, went to unplug it and the end came off flooding the kitchen! So am just off out now to get a stop end - hopefully that'll be enough! (Any plumbers here? Any tips?)
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2010, 03:47 PM

I wonder if that is Behavioural, Anatomical or just needling comments.

I pride myself on quick wit and sharp answers. But at one clinic I was asked if my `drive` was impaired. It was not and said no.

I`m not an awkward patient but I do think-next time? How does one respond?

Rub it and see? Metformin is on precription-how about some vaigra??

And of course this post is just silly stuff. Nurses and Doctors do their very best and should be respected
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2010, 04:31 PM

Hi all! Lovely morning here, still cooler than normal 22 C (72 F). but blue skies and a nice breeze; will warm back up to the 30s (90s) by Monday finally! Off to the bank and Whole Foods earlier; will be just my usual quiet day.

ONG, Azz, what a mess! Hope it's been sorted by now!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top