Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2010, 06:45 PM

Re: Do you ENJOY your Job?

My goodness I knew the carers' pay was poor but that is an insult! You are a saint Geordiegirl.
Mary
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2010, 06:48 PM

I also loved my job, I worked for 10 years in a union office, 'admin' they called it but as I was the only one there, did everything. You never knew what the day would bring about, anything and everything was dumped in my lap and I loved every minute.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2010, 08:50 PM

Worked in the Housing Department of my local Council for 30 years, then I took Voluntary Redundancy and early Retirement. I enjoyed that job up to maybe the last 5 years of being there. Up till then everyone worked as a team and helped each other-for one reason or another everything changed-it became 'evey one for themselves' and I decided to get out at the first opportunity.

2 years later I was asked if I would like a job at my Vets-I seemed to be there every week with my dog!!! I worked there for approx. 8 years and on 30 April this year retired from there. I enjoyed every minute of that job and I enjoy every minute of my retirement now!
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2010, 07:40 AM

I mostly love my job but we do get the odd days when everybody is in a bad mood and moaning, we do then wonder what we are doing there!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2010, 08:34 AM

I loved working and still miss it!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2010, 02:45 PM

Same here Brandykins - I still miss my job, even though it was a bit of a love/hate affair with a bit of "aggro" thrown in on occasions.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2010, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
I was a civil servant for 12 years and had some really great days.

think about it
My daughter is a civil servant and she loves it, and why wouldn't she, she has a safe job for life no matter which political party is in power. The civil service is one of those non-productive jobs when the only time you're noticed is when you take a day off, but I say good luck to them.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top