Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2010, 01:21 AM

Re: How Many F's in this Sentence ......

Yeah I forgot the 'of's

I am enjoying these brain related teasers of yours Rainbow!
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2010, 03:36 PM

A `brain game` that amused first term undergrads was to show them(very quickly-I forget what the machine was called) the name of a colour but written in another colour.

It really messes up the brain
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2010, 03:43 PM

Yes Old git, they are really clever to outwit our brain! You either have to name the colour i.e. The word 'Yellow' even though it is written in Blue. Or name the word, ignoring the actual colour.

Sounds confusing .... it is!!!

Rainbow
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2010, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
A `brain game` that amused first term undergrads was to show them(very quickly-I forget what the machine was called) the name of a colour but written in another colour.

It really messes up the brain
Originally Posted by Rainbow ->
Yes Old git, they are really clever to outwit our brain! You either have to name the colour i.e. The word 'Yellow' even though it is written in Blue. Or name the word, ignoring the actual colour.

Sounds confusing .... it is!!!

Rainbow
That's actually one of the few brains games I am good at!

The one I find hard is where they show you a shape made up of different coloured circles, count to 3, then it goes blank, then after 3 seconds show you 4 variations and you have to pick the original out! I can get to just over a 1,000 points but do find it gruelling!
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2010, 04:58 PM

Never imagine all the games we played were innocent. Using the same machine we would find the time that the subject could read a message with say 60% accuracy. That got them involved

Then at the end tweak the timer up a bit so it was 95% certain and flash a rude message.

We only did that with people we knew though. And believe me it was my good friend Jan(female) who thought up the rudest messages
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2010, 10:36 PM

Well too late for me to have a shot - oh f........
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2010, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Brandykins ->
Well too late for me to have a shot - oh f........

LOL

You will have to get up an hour earlier and then be quicker off the Starting Blocks!!!

Rainbow
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2010, 11:00 PM

6 am is early enough for me, thank you lol

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top