Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2010, 12:46 PM

Living in a DIFFERENT Country?

If you had to choose another Country to live in, which one might you choose?

I love England, but if I had to live somewhere else, I think I would investigate Canada. Never been there - LOL - but have heard only good reports from anyone who has visited or lived there. (Plenty of space, so my love of Countryside would be available, probably have a garden the size of England itself)!

(Their Winter's too sound amazing)!

Regards,
Rainbow
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2010, 02:34 PM

Re: Living in a DIFFERENT Country?

I often ask myself this!

I love the Nordic Countries - for being so progressive... but hate the cold!

Maybe somewhere like Spain, not too hot and fairly progressive (apart from their bull baiting - which thankfully seems to be on it's way out) and still fairly close to the UK where my close family lives.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2010, 02:46 PM

Being a townie and born in the city centre of Dublin I always had a great passion to live in the country, County Kerry preferably, but alas, she who must be obeyed has put the damper on that. Canada? not for me, but at least you don't have a language problem, depending on which part you go, anyway I was never a good traveller of distant parts.
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2010, 02:59 PM

Agree with you Azz, that thankfully Bull Fighting is coming to an end.

Jemflux, language would need to enter the decision too, as I do not have a good ear for languages (or even accents)! I have been known to confuse Scottish and Irish!!! - Huge apologies

Although I would enjoy the Winters of Canada, my husband loves the Sun - (so not sure where he would live)!!!

Rainbow
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2010, 03:13 PM

For Rainbow
I have lived in Canada, in the Province of Alberta - Quite a few years ago we emigrated when our two children were young. I still have dual nationality and my grandfather was Canadian. Yes, the winters really can be something if you like to go as cold as 40 degrees below. Unfortunately, unless you have an acreage you do not often have houses with huge amounts of land for gardens, especially in the cities, which is where the majority of folks live.
june1958
Lancashire
june1958 is female  june1958 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2010, 03:16 PM

Italy for my husband America for me, (somewhere like California would be ideal)

June x
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2010, 03:17 PM

If I had to live in another country it would probably be France or Italy.

But assuming I won loads on the lottery, and Jenny could swallow ie not be dependant on her feeding tube, we would fly over to Kerala(India) at the begining of November and return at the end of February
Rainbow
Surrey UK

29-08-2010, 03:21 PM

Sounds like I had better pack a scarf and duffle coat!!

Surprised that the Cities are more popular???

And with all that land you only have a piece of turf for a garden!!!

Did you enjoy your stay in Canada? (I am not actually thinking of leaving England - love it too much - and besides love me husband too, and he would not appreciate 40 degrees under)!!!

Rainbow
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2010, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Rainbow ->
Sounds like I had better pack a scarf and duffle coat!!

Surprised that the Cities are more popular???

And with all that land you only have a piece of turf for a garden!!!

Did you enjoy your stay in Canada? (I am not actually thinking of leaving England - love it too much - and besides love me husband too, and he would not appreciate 40 degrees under)!!!

Rainbow
People have to work and the cities are where employment is, unfortunately. There are vast tracts of uninhabited country and wilderness in between the cities. The cities are very sophisticated and cosmopolitan, and land is not cheap - so even though the houses are spacious compared to this country, the gardens are not particulartly large.

We did enjoy Canada, very much so. I still feel that part of me is over there.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2010, 03:36 PM

Sorry but there is no place like home as millions of immigrants are proving but, if I was forced to choose it would have to be Switzerland.
I worked there for a brief period training engineers and loved it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top