Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 08:45 AM

Warm Home Discount

Any folk who are on low incomes, disability benefits, finding their State pension age has increased etc. may be entitled to Warm Home Discount which is claimed through your energy supplier.
It's usually about £140 a year so well worth seeing if you qualify.
There is no shame to claiming financial help if you need it. Remember there are very wealthy people receiving Heating Allowances and Cold Weather payments.
This is a thread intended to bring this to the attention of those affected, please don't use it to attack the disabled and less fortunate, thanks.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 08:49 AM

Re: Warm Home Discount

Tessa I will put up a link for those interested.
https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-dis...what-youll-get

Not all power providers participate in the scheme so that is the first thing to check on.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 08:54 AM

Thanks Meg!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 08:57 AM

Great idea and hopefully will help a lot of people. Pinching your link to post elsewhere hope that's ok? Think it needs to get to as many as possible.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 09:07 AM

Im probably entitled but dont claim it, same as PIP, i get by, others more in need deserve it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Im probably entitled but dont claim it, same as PIP, i get by, others more in need deserve it.
You are a good man Nom.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 09:22 AM

Do these benefits depend on what savings you have? I have never claimed anything as l have savings for if ever l have to have major repairs done to my house or my big mower has to be replaced.
Please, can anyone tell me what the limit in savings you are allowed in order to qualify for these benefits.
I only have a state pension.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 09:41 AM

I don't think I'd qualify for the discount but thanks for the information Tess
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Do these benefits depend on what savings you have? I have never claimed anything as l have savings for if ever l have to have major repairs done to my house or my big mower has to be replaced.
Please, can anyone tell me what the limit in savings you are allowed in order to qualify for these benefits.
I only have a state pension.
Art check here
https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-dis...me/eligibility
Basically it is this...

2. Eligibility
You qualify for the discount if on 10 July 2016 all of the following applied:

your electricity supplier was part of the scheme
your name (or your partner’s) was on the bill
you were getting the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit (even if you get Savings Credit as well)

If you don’t qualify
You may be able to apply directly to your electricity supplier for help if you don’t get the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit but:

you’re on a low income
you get certain means-tested benefits
Check with your supplier to see if you’re eligible and how to apply.

So roughly you need to be claiming a means tested benefit to qualify which takes into account a persons savings.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 10:13 AM

Do you need to be a pensioner to get this?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top