Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 02:28 PM

Cashback sites.

So, having seen an advert for "topcashback", thought I'd finally get round to giving it a go. Glad I did. So far, I've got nigh on £20 back over the last couple of weeks for doing what I normally do anyway when internet shopping, plus it's opened up a whole new experience of click and collect, which I'd never bothered with before.

Anyone else do this sort of thing?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 04:26 PM

Re: Cashback sites.

Never heard of "topcashback" Dex but I guess it involves browsing and shopping which I tend not to do, it encourages impulse buying .
I buy that which I need in most instances, nothing more if I can help it.

I don't believe in 'something for nothing' either , no doubt the 'cashback' element will be recouped in some way.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 05:19 PM

I am on £5000+ with Quidco but that is over a lot of years

I mostly get about %10 to %15 with Expedia and reasonable amounts with other companies, that is not all profit though as I will often pay more for something like AA which is then the best value due to the cash back, most of it is just free money though just for clicking through Quidco
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
I am on £5000+ with Quidco but that is over a lot of years

I mostly get about %10 to %15 with Expedia and reasonable amounts with other companies, that is not all profit though as I will often pay more for something like AA which is then the best value due to the cash back, most of it is just free money though just for clicking through Quidco
Thanks for the top tips
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

22-09-2018, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Never heard of "topcashback" Dex but I guess it involves browsing and shopping which I tend not to do, it encourages impulse buying .
Fair point. However, I tend to buy or order stuff that I need. Getting a bit of a discount now and again seems a good idea.

For example, I was refurbishing a friend's garden shed a few weeks back and place my order on Wickes for the materials through the cashback site, and was refunded £10, which I then passed on to my friends when it came to settling up for materials.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Fair point. However, I tend to buy or order stuff that I need. Getting a bit of a discount now and again seems a good idea.

For example, I was refurbishing a friend's garden shed a few weeks back and place my order on Wickes for the materials through the cashback site, and was refunded £10, which I then passed on to my friends when it came to settling up for materials.
I was as suspicious as anyone when I first used them but other than £5 a year admin fee it is pretty much free cash
DWebb
North East, UK

30-09-2018, 11:52 PM

On the subject of Cash Back sites. I got my renewal for the AA break down insurance this weekend and it is quoted at about £102 for cover at Road Side and Home, so once again I will switch to the RAC and take advantage of the deal on Quidco which will take it down to about £55 for the same cover with the RAC once you take into account the cash back, then next year I will just switch back to the AA as a new customer
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 03:42 PM

I'm in the states, and have been using Ebate Cash back for several years now.
It offers cash back of 2, 5 10 or even 12 percent, when online shopping with various stores like amazon, LLBean, Lord and Taylor, Macys, flower shops, shoe stores, etc. They email a monthly statement of sorts to let me know how much I've earned, then every three months they send me a rebate check in the mail. It's money back in my pocket when I do the shopping anyway. Love them! Sign up is free, and the app stays on your bookmarks in computer. Just click on them before using the website, or they pop up in the corner when you are at the site, one click, and they automatically register your purchase for you.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

I don't believe in 'something for nothing' either , no doubt the 'cashback' element will be recouped in some way.
I don't bother with any of this cashback stuff, but then again I don't buy much, and never over the net.

I do like the ad tho ...

Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
most of it is just free money though just for clicking through Quidco
NO, there is no such thing as 'free money' you don't need to have a PhD in economics to know that ANY company has to operate profitably to stay in business so it's obvious they get paid for their services.

I could write reams on here about where those sources of income might be but it would take too long.

Suffice to say that ultimately it's the consumer who pays, there's many ways, Quidco probably get paid by the supplier of goods that are ordered through them (They pass a tiny % on to you so it looks like 'free money') the goods supplier in turn gets paid by the finance company that supports the transaction who in turn get's paid by the millions of muppets who buy stuff on credit (The interest on the loan in case you are wondering )

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top