Join for free
Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 11:01 PM

Re: Trying to get the Irish on same page

Originally Posted by Missy ->
But who is making the border such a problem??

If a border is needed why not at the ports as in most island countries?

We in the North do not want a border

Im pretty sure the normal working wo/man in the south doesn't want one either
The British don't want a border; the Irish don't want a border. So who does?

Need I say it: the EU dictators.

They are doing this for one reason only, to put a spanner in the works of Brexit. They are hoping that, in preventing May's deal, they will induce the UK government into ditching the Brexit process and returning the country to slavery under the EU's rule.

Everyone must now realise that the EU rulers are desperate to lose their cash cow.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
To be fair his king was your king and as another religious loony caused a lot of the Irish problems. (1690 ish to 1700 ish)
Agree, but id have thought the poster would have known his history, and the History of Ireland before slating us
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 11:10 PM

The easiest solution is a bilateral deal twixt Dublin and LOndon...........Who's stopping that .??.........

Brussels !

Cross border trade using TIR ....... https://www.iru.org/tir
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
To be fair his king was your king and as another religious loony caused a lot of the Irish problems. (1690 ish to 1700 ish)
And a quick update for any loonies present ... on the third stroke it’s 2019 , just so long as we are all on the same page , got it twenty nineteen that’s the year two thousand and nineteen .

So when paddy and mick start arguing over the border about kingdoms and battles hundreds of years ago I ask exactly when in the past so we draw the line in this world ??
Do I belt a German for WW2 or kick him in the nuts for WW1? No wait ... I owe the french one for 1066 , indeed possibly France could kick off tomorrow and claim England from that date ...but wait , vikings , Saxons even the damn Romans’ could start claiming dates back in history but then what about the Ottoman Empire as they were here before the EU .. and the Greek empire ... then let’s shut everyone up and go back to old crusade days as those dates may suit some too ...

So here we are in 2019 and let’s look at the argument north doesn’t want it and south doesn’t want it however we are leaving the EU and the Eu needs a border , wouldn’t be a problem in any other country bordering the EU however the Irish simply can’t agree yet they both agree what they don’t want ( a hard border ) and with the next breath they both say they want to remain part of the uk ( I’ve got news then guys as we are leaving the EU ) but then it’s wait a minute we don’t want a border ... meanwhile in the south ( the main exporter of Irish travellers known and loved worldwide ) they say we are the EU and we want a border as that’s what being in a protected market protection racket as some would call it means and yet we also want no border because amongst other things England is our biggest customer and anything and everything we buy or sell travels through the uk and were that stupid we’ve only just realised the harder the brexit the even tougher it is on us irish !!!
Now I’m pretty certain technology has moved on somewhat since the old IRA days and today whilst fighting Muslim terrorists here in the uk I feel safe saying a few paddy’s in balaclavas would soon be found and caught so I don’t believe Ireland would actually go back to the old ways , however I do believe whilst you have the north saying we voted to remain and we don’t want a border .... the uk having wasted over two years trying to find a way around the Irish problem then possibly the people of Northern Ireland should indeed have a referendum tomorrow and decide once and for all which country they are .. if they want to remain in the EU then great have a united ireland and the border is the Irish Sea .. if they wish to remain part of the United Kingdom then the border could either be a hard border as the EU and indeed every other country on the planet has ffs , or possibly an open border for people day to day but with a series of truck search points for freight ... these would be much like motorway service areas in as much as you turn off the main carriageway into them and as it’s obky trucks everyone carries on as normal but freight is custom stamped for paperwork ... it’s no good the driver ignoring it as the goods would be worthless without the stamped paperwork at destination as these would be checked electronically for any outstanding fees/tax etc ... border issue sorted either way but it annoys me that Ireland having been a problem all of the seventies and eighties are here now giving excuse /reason to halt brexit and that in a democratic society must be wrong when a few paddies threatening violence can hold 68,000,000 to ransom because they lay claim to something hundreds of years ago !!!
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 11:29 PM

I stopped taking anything you have had to say seriously when you continually insult us by calling us Paddys
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 11:38 PM

And I stopped taking the Irish seriously when all you can do is threaten to start fighting like kids throwing a tantrum in tescos because you can’t have your cake and eat it
Mel15
Nowhere

01-02-2019, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
And I stopped taking the Irish seriously when all you can do is threaten to start fighting like kids throwing a tantrum in tescos because you can’t have your cake and eat it

Now who are you talking about? Those "paddys "in Ireland or the Irish in N.ireland or the British in N. Ireland?

What cracks me up is that the British in NI are more loyal to the Queen and country then the English, yet the English treat them as second class citizens

The Scots are fighting for their independence and the English don't want that. The Brits of N.Ireland are determined to stay British and yet they are wrong as well

Make yer flaming minds up
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 11:53 PM

We might be on the same page as the Irish

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.i...226.html%3famp

It seems that May, Mog and Co are beginning to panic about a blinking no deal
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)

02-02-2019, 12:02 AM

That is a non starter ... we voted to leave the EU and trade worldwide ... that customs union is exactly the same as being in the EU and no world wide trade deals however because we would no longer be a member we would be stuck with all the rules /regs /payments but with no seat at the table .... that is a worse deal than no deal , so taking no deal is better than a bad deal is better than that deal that brings us back to yet again the Irish problem and quite why we don’t simply say to the EU ... you want a border then you build it and man it !!!
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2019, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
That is a non starter ... we voted to leave the EU and trade worldwide ... that customs union is exactly the same as being in the EU and no world wide trade deals however because we would no longer be a member we would be stuck with all the rules /regs /payments but with no seat at the table .... that is a worse deal than no deal , so taking no deal is better than a bad deal is better than that deal that brings us back to yet again the Irish problem and quite why we don’t simply say to the EU ... you want a border then you build it and man it !!!
To use a common Brexiteer statement:

The referendum was to leave or remain.

It didn’t say anything about trading worldwide

It didn’t say anything about being or not being in a customs union

It didn’t say anything about trading agreements

Just leave or remain

So if the deal is a bad deal and no deal is better than a bad deal then no no deal and no bad deal must be the soiution

Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top