Join for free
Page 12 of 29 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 01:04 PM

Re: Benefits of EU membership?

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
How many times do remoaners need the bigger picture explaining to them ? Are remainers missing a gene ? Can’t see that forever lasts a lot longer than some POSSIBLE SHORT TERM FINANCIAL LOSS and that most certainly remaining in the EU isn’t the answer to our problems ????

I’m seriously now starting to honestly believe remainers are Jeremy Kyle audience in the making

https://youtu.be/7glNBtlAYhA

What nonsense!!

The most dramatic split is along the lines of education. 70% of voters whose educational attainment is only GCSE or lower voted to Leave, while 68% of voters with a university degree voted to Remain in the EU. Those with A levels and no degree were evenly split, 50% to 50%.

Age is the other great fault line. Under-25s were more than twice as likely to vote Remain (71%) than Leave (29%). Among over-65s the picture is almost the exact opposite, as 64% of over-65s voted to Leave while only 36% voted to Remain. Among the other age groups, voters aged 24 to 49 narrowly opted for Remain (54%) over leave (46%) while 60% of voters between the ages of 50 and 64 went for Leave.

So i guess that you have a GCSE or lower or that you are over 65.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
What nonsense!!

The most dramatic split is along the lines of education. 70% of voters whose educational attainment is only GCSE or lower voted to Leave, while 68% of voters with a university degree voted to Remain in the EU. Those with A levels and no degree were evenly split, 50% to 50%.

Age is the other great fault line. Under-25s were more than twice as likely to vote Remain (71%) than Leave (29%). Among over-65s the picture is almost the exact opposite, as 64% of over-65s voted to Leave while only 36% voted to Remain. Among the other age groups, voters aged 24 to 49 narrowly opted for Remain (54%) over leave (46%) while 60% of voters between the ages of 50 and 64 went for Leave.

Ha ha ha I’m presuming you are female and either a snob or have your head so far up your own arse you breath through gills since you are implying only the thick voted to leave while educated folk voted to remain !!!! It’s this we know better than you that has parliament in the mess it’s in whilst let’s just look at you ( I laugh in your face you disgusting arrogant person !) and your self certified ‘experts ‘ .... I could write a book but for now il simply bring a few of the educated sharpest pencils decisions in the past few years

Shall we start with George and Tony and their war on terror ? How’s that going ?
Shall we start with Tony and his experts on WMD?

Shall we look at all those amazingly intelligent successful bankers and the banking crisis THEY CAUSED ?
Shall we look at David Cameron and his decision to bomb Libya thus causing the largest exodus of migrants to the uk ?
Shall we look at parliament itself voting to hold a referendum ?
Shall we look at them , much as vile as yourself for looking down on the people now and trying to say ‘ we know better ‘?

As for you ..... trust me , if intelligence was brain matter you’d not be able to blow your own nose sweetie

And as for listing ‘ my qualifications’ il refrain simply because you wouldn’t believe me in a forum and call it bullshitting so il not even go there but I expect I outgun you in every which way !
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 01:58 PM

Ha ha ha I’m presuming you are female and either a snob or have your head so far up your own arse you breath through gills since you are implying only the thick voted to leave while educated folk voted to remain !!!! It’s this we know better than you that has parliament in the mess it’s in whilst let’s just look at you ( I laugh in your face you disgusting arrogant person !) and your self certified ‘experts ‘ .... I could write a book but for now il simply bring a few of the educated sharpest pencils decisions in the past few years

Shall we start with George and Tony and their war on terror ? How’s that going ?

Shall we look at all those amazingly intelligent successful bankers and the banking crisis THEY CAUSED ?
Shall we look at David Cameron and his decision to bomb Libya thus causing the largest exodus of migrants to the uk ?
Shall we look at them , much as vile as yourself for looking down on the people now and trying to say ‘ we know better ‘?

As for you ..... trust me , if intelligence was brain matter you’d not be able to blow your own nose sweetie

And as for listing ‘ my qualifications’ il refrain simply because you wouldn’t believe me in a forum and call it bullshitting so il not even go there but I expect I outgun you in every which way !
It is impossible not to agree with you. The facts are there. Your government has made many mistakes. Nothing to do with the EU, but some are caused by your close ties with the usa. That was the reason de gaulle didn't trust the british to be in the EEC.
One of the recent mistakes by your government was invoking article 50....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
What nonsense!!

You can put people into any group, based on statistics, but it will never tell you the reason they voted the way they did....so hardly a meaningful post!

We all had our own reasons for voting they way we did, and that is allowed in a democratic vote, so why don't those who were on the losing side of the vote accept it .......because the result is not going to change no matter how many reasons you think of to argue that it is wrong!
People with any intelligence will realize this & do everything they can to achieve the best result possible. The reason we are leaving is because the majority of those who voted wanted to....and arguments and tantrums won't change that. The constant arguing among British people is what will damage our ability to make it work, because it encourages the rest of the world to believe that they can trade with us, but on preferential terms for themselves!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Annie my dear. I quite agree about UK's antiquated, bloated,and ineffient industries of earlier years.But you miss my point,l argued that the owners of those then British owned businesses did not keep their industries competitive by reinvesting in them.But Chose to pocket the profits and then sold off their companies to whoever would buy them, thus creating a a tidy pile of money which they then invested on the stock exchange resulting in ultimately the totally imbalanced economy we presently enjoy,according to you.The low growth you complain of as compared to the 'booming economy'we enjoy now,which is currently lbelieve below 2 % belies your claims.Regards Donkeyman.
I was talking about growth in the 80s and 90s and early 00s (excluding recessions).

Current growth is not representative as we are still recovering from the biggest financial shock the country had seen since the 30s. But we are still in growth because since EU membership the country has become far more flexible and open to new ideas and business ventures. We were a springboard to Europe. You don't want excessive growth as that leads to problems too. Consistency is the ideal.

Competition from a wider market has made our business sector far more efficient.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 05:28 PM

Oh dear, looks like someone struck a nerve. Peyhaps you reap what you sow

Your list is interesing in that all those issues were caused directly by our own government or government policy, often in collusion with The US.

No mention of Europe who where more prudent and sensible in these matters yet you want to take back the small amount of sovereignty we have ceded to the EU and hand it to the The very government / parliament you call vile.

For all your supposed qualifications it seems that logic was not one of them. You probably opted for misogyny instead
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->

Your list is interesing in that all those issues were caused directly by our own government or government policy, often in collusion with The US.

No mention of Europe who where gate more prudent and sensible in these matters yet you want to take back the small amount of sovereignty we have ceded to the EU and hand it to the The very government / parliament you call vile.

For all your supposed qualifications it seems that logic was not one of them. You probably opted for misogyny instead
Thanks Banchory, couldn't have put it better myself
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->

No mention of Europe who where gate more prudent and sensible in these matters yet you want to take back the small amount of sovereignty we have ceded to the EU and hand it to the The very government / parliament you call vile.

Very droll but hey it’s a forum and all levels of IQ welcome
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I was talking about growth in the 80s and 90s and early 00s (excluding recessions).

Current growth is not representative as we are still recovering from the biggest financial shock the country had seen since the 30s. But we are still in growth because since EU membership the country has become far more flexible and open to new ideas and business ventures. We were a springboard to Europe. You don't want excessive growth as that leads to problems too. Consistency is the ideal.

Competition from a wider market has made our business sector far more efficient.
Try telling that to Greece and Italy. Italy's latest budget has been rejected by the EU dictators and so has gone into recession. They are on a hiding to nowhere as being tied to the Euro, they can't leave the corrupt EU because of the massive debts they owe. If they hadn't adopted the Euro in the first place they could have revalued the Lira to encourage more investment and boost exports. That of course was the real reason for introducing the Euro in the first place, to maintain the economies of Germany and France at the expense of everyone else's.
itsme
Wigan UK

03-02-2019, 05:55 PM

Very droll but hey it’s a forum and all levels of IQ welcome

Even yours

Page 12 of 29 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top